News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

VOSA

Started by Stuharris 6360, November 28, 2013, 04:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

VOSA to be axed

A new agency with responsibility for maintaining vehicle standards has been launched today as the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA), Transport Minister Robert Goodwill has announced.

From 1 April 2014, the new agency employing 4,600 people throughout the UK, will replace the Driving Standards Agency (DSA) and the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) with responsibilities for setting, testing and enforcing driver and vehicle standards in Great Britain.

Robert Goodwill says: "In June the department announced that DSA and VOSA would merge to form a new agency. This decision was made following the motoring services strategy consultation, and is a demonstration of the government's commitment to put customers and businesses at the heart of its services."

The CEO of both agencies is Alastair Peoples, who will become the CEO of the single agency.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liverpool Street

DVSA? That'll take some getting used to...
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

the trainbasher

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 28, 2013, 08:05:07 PM
DVSA? That'll take some getting used to...

Could just call them "The Ministry!"

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk