News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Dodgy phone calls

Started by Tony, August 30, 2020, 07:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

On Friday at least 4 garages received phone calls from someone pretending they had hired a bus trying to get vehicle to take them to places.

The caller used different names in calls to different garages. For instance Wolverhampton received a call from 'Steve' claiming he had hired 2957 for a trip to Stafford and Tony Hunter couldn't find a driver' so could Wolverhampton provide one'  West Bromwich, Walsall & Pensnett at least also recieved calls claiming different hires but on a similar basis.

It was obvious the phone calls were from someone who thinks they are an enthusiast, and mentioning my name makes me think they may be on here.

Actions like these make senior managers go against enthusiasts, something we do not need. Wolverhampton even disabled 2957 to make sure someone didn't come into the garage to try and take it out, causing extra work on a weekend when all engineering effort should have been concentrated on getting as many vehicles as possible fit for service on Tuesday.

I believe Safer Travel police have been informed, so action may be taken against the offender if these continue

Crosville

Funnily enough there's been a discussion on the etiquette of bus enthusiasts recently on another forum[UK Rail forum] some go too far, this is prime example of that.

Stuharris 6360

problem with things like that happening is 99.9% of genuine bus enthusiasts start to suffer for the crank actions of 0.1%.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk