News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Random Nostalgia

Started by monkeyjoe, April 10, 2020, 07:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

https://images.app.goo.gl/V91kEcANzYJriuDi9

Randomly found this, so who actually went to this event. Will BC get one when it goes?

Gareth

I was there. Just a few days after my 18th birthday. It was last day of the Fleetlines, Washwood Heath didn't close for another 7 months. So I doubt BC will get an open day for closure.

PB2938

Similar last Metrobus day at Acocks Green was good I attended on 24 July 2010. Last Metrobuses 2832 2903 2988 in use doing special runs on 1 11 & 37.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

PB2938

Similar last Metrobus day at Acocks Green was good I attended on 24 July 2010. Last Metrobuses 2832 2903 2988 in use doing special runs on 1 11 & 37.

Did also attend last Fleetline day at Washwood Heath on 1 November 1997 top day.
952A Rugeley

Stevo

Yes, the last Fleetline day was very well done, except that the last one I went on was a Coventry one rather than the more local ones I knew well. There was a shuttle service to and from Bromford Bridge. Look forward to going on 119L and 3997.

Tiptonian

If I recall correctly, the Merry Hill shuttle service was operated by white TMH Fleetlines the following Saturday, as usual!  I also have a vague memory of them on the Hagley School Special. Does anyone know when the white Fleetlines were finally withdrawn?

I always felt that Merry Hill Minibuses and Travel Merry Hill were a "Cinderella" operation, being much appreciated by passengers, and given far less recognition by enthusiasts than they deserved. Hopefully one day, preserved R598 YON, one of the Volvo B6LEs originally allocated to Merry Hill, will be repainted in its original TMH livery.

Gareth

Quote from: Tiptonian on April 13, 2020, 03:36:51 PM
If I recall correctly, the Merry Hill shuttle service was operated by white TMH Fleetlines the following Saturday, as usual!  I also have a vague memory of them on the Hagley School Special. Does anyone know when the white Fleetlines were finally withdrawn?

I always felt that Merry Hill Minibuses and Travel Merry Hill were a "Cinderella" operation, being much appreciated by passengers, and given far less recognition by enthusiasts than they deserved. Hopefully one day, preserved R598 YON, one of the Volvo B6LEs originally allocated to Merry Hill, will be repainted in its original TMH livery.

I'm sure they survived well into 1998.

Tiptonian

sonic84

Quote from: Tiptonian on April 13, 2020, 03:36:51 PM

Which routes did the TMH fleetlines run on?

PB2938

The Fleetlines at merry Hill 6960 & 6965 only did car park shuttles around merry hill centre.
Gone by mid 1998

https://flic.kr/p/7WMzb6

https://flic.kr/p/jeUZnd
952A Rugeley

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk