News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

London Buses.

Started by Stuharris 6360, November 21, 2013, 08:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markcf83

Quote from: Mayfield on March 26, 2024, 09:08:05 PMNoted today on the M6 north around 15.30 was a NBFL with severe floor to roof frontal damage, it is in yellow overall advertising livery.
Probably the Stagecoach London example that introduced itself to a shop near Tottenham Court Road...... 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

markcf83

Some more tender news from London.

All but one of the routes will be running their existing buses,in the case of routes 160,180 and 290 with electric buses(mostly on the 180, hybrid buses are the official allocation for part of it) and the existing buses on the 121,278 and W6 are to be allowed.

The one route to which that will not apply is the 153, which Metroline have won from Go Ahead London and in all likelihood will return to Holloway for the first time since 1987. New electric buses will be ordered for this route.

Existing diesel buses are to continue on routes 121 and W6,both retained by Arriva London at Enfield and Wood Green respectively.

Abellio London have held the 278 from their Hayes garage with their current five year old buses.

Stagecoach London have likewise held the 160 at Catford and the 180 at Plumstead. In the case of the latter, electric buses form about half the allocation on the route which is among the routes that serve North Greenwich station.

London United have retained the 290 at Fulwell.

All contracts are to begin from September of this year with the 121,153 and W6 starting in February of next year.

markcf83

One more for this week.

Bromley will continue running the B14 as Stagecoach London has retained it on tender. It will require new electric buses will replace the seven year old Enviros presumably to other routes. 

The new contarct starts next March.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk