News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Depots

Started by Dave4jackie, April 17, 2019, 07:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave4jackie

Are the any depots in the West Midlands where you can see any of the buses not being used that day, was mainly thinking of the storage depot at miller street

CL

Quote from: Dave4jackie on April 17, 2019, 07:40:36 PM
Are the any depots in the West Midlands where you can see any of the buses not being used that day, was mainly thinking of the storage depot at miller street
West Bromwich has an overflow yard, just off Oak Lane. Probably not more than a 5 minute walk from the bus station.

It's (expectedly) empty during the weekday, as most buses are out in service. But from the few times I've been up there on a Sunday, the buses are usually kept in there, then.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Westy

Quote from: CL on April 17, 2019, 08:01:08 PM
West Bromwich has an overflow yard, just off Oak Lane. Probably not more than a 5 minute walk from the bus station.

It's (expectedly) empty during the weekday, as most buses are out in service. But from the few times I've been up there on a Sunday, the buses are usually kept in there, then.

Non NX, I would've said Arriva Cannock on a Sunday, unless there's a high fence? (Been some time since I've been that way!)

DJ

You can see into Coventry depot fairly well from the entrance, and it's right by the bus station too.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

winston

Pensnett main depot is a fully viewable yard, plus you can see most of the reserve fleet stuff through the fence.

Solo1

Non nx first Worcester

GeminiFan1991

BC's bus yard is also a good candidate. The entry gates are usually open and deckers are usually stored there. I've only seen singles there once including a coach. This is only really applicable on a Sunday.

As previous mentioned, Pensnett is probably the only depot in which you can see all the buses not used, any day of the week (Bar anything in the engineering pits).
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

fleetline6477

Another non NX, Diamond's Tividale depot the compound across from the main depot and Green Bus, Hockley.

Solo1

Landfight another non NX bus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk