News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Window ads

Started by cardew, April 07, 2018, 08:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cardew

If NX are going to persist with these adverts, could they not align them to the top of the windows to give the passengers at least a letter- box view of the outside world? This was a 101 branded bus.

Jack

Quote from: cardew on April 07, 2018, 08:22:43 PM
If NX are going to persist with these adverts, could they not align them to the top of the windows to give the passengers at least a letter- box view of the outside world? This was a 101 branded bus.
Those are splattered all over PB's buses. NX have forgotten the point of windows, just as annoying as the back windows being plastered with branding. It was just as bad as the Sandwell and Dudley low fare zone stickers, but it was soon rectified and placed at the top of the windows.

Kevin

I hate this. I've seen people miss their stop because they can't bloody see
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

filbus1

Love the see something ad on the inside of the window, I think the answer is no!

DJ

Couldn't they use the same stuff that the use on the rear of buses, where you can see out of the windows but not see in? I'm sure that'd alleviate most of the issues with it.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Stevo

NXWM doesn't even use that - contravision - on the back.So many vehicles have opaque rears, including most branded vehicles.  Some buses have opaque ads almost entirely obscuring the whole window. I hate all this too.

DJ

Quote from: Stevo on April 08, 2018, 09:00:25 PM
NXWM doesn't even use that - contravision - on the back.So many vehicles have opaque rears, including most branded vehicles.  Some buses have opaque ads almost entirely obscuring the whole window. I hate all this too.

I remember it being used the last time I sat at the back of a bus with a rear advert, although this was a while ago I think, so I'm not sure if it's still used at all. I'm pretty sure it was on some sort of single decker from Dudley to Merry Hill, but like I said, it was a while ago so I can't really remember much.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

busboy31

Perry Barr have taken the window ads of buses now.

cardew

It does seem that this fad is over and thankfully common sense prevailed

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk