News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Dudley proposals

Started by Steve3229vp, May 29, 2018, 10:39:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike K

Quote from: Stu on May 30, 2018, 07:18:05 PM
It will all depend on where passengers currently travel to. People currently using the 126 to get straight from Birmingham to Dudley will likely switch to the X7 or X8 if they are faster services, leaving more capacity (thus less crowded) on the 15 for the passengers who only use part of the route between Dudley and Quinton for example.

A 15min frequency service that runs more reliably is preferable to a 10min frequency service that often bunches leaving larger gaps in service.

On the subject of reliability, maintaining the combined 10 min frequency of the X7 and X8 from Dudley to Wolverhampton will be a challenge. They take such vastly different routes between Birmingham and Dudley that they are unlikely to get into Dudley at 10 min intervals, so unless there's a decent layover there I can see them bunching between Dudley and Wolverhampton.

Probably no worse than the current situation, but could be a difficult route to regulate.

Quote from: Mike K on May 31, 2018, 09:27:12 AM
On the subject of reliability, maintaining the combined 10 min frequency of the X7 and X8 from Dudley to Wolverhampton will be a challenge. They take such vastly different routes between Birmingham and Dudley that they are unlikely to get into Dudley at 10 min intervals, so unless there's a decent layover there I can see them bunching between Dudley and Wolverhampton.

Probably no worse than the current situation, but could be a difficult route to regulate.
X7 will use the smethwick bypass and Heath street in the peak bumper to bumper can be a nitemare , definitely will have issues, at the high st still moves along nicely even with the illegal parking.

Gareth

Quote from: Mike K on May 31, 2018, 09:27:12 AM

Maybe better for the passengers though. Imagine there's an hour delay on one route. And the other is running perfectly.  At least there's still a bus every 20minutes in Dudley. If both routes use the same route, they'd both be delayed.

Westy

Isn't there any proposals for the 11 / 13?

Thought that was mentioned in a previous document?

Quote from: Westy on June 02, 2018, 03:35:57 PM
Isn't there any proposals for the 11 / 13?

Thought that was mentioned in a previous document?
No.
Most of the proposed changes are to the Hagley Road services and other services that operate alongside them for part of the route.
Plus there is also the proposed Dudley Road express service.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BK63 YWP

The X96 and 276 was mention in the last document they are probably doing the changes bit by bit
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Roy

The Express & Star is quoting September 2nd as the likely start date in today's paper.

karl724223

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on June 02, 2018, 04:00:33 PM
The X96 and 276 was mention in the last document they are probably doing the changes bit by bit
not changing now

OH25

Just an idea for if they are looking to change all the bus route numbers: can't the D prefix be used for routes to save confusion with numbers?

D1 and D2 for the new proposed 120/120A/121 route
(doing this could allow the 128 and 127 to become the 12/13)
D3 and D4 for the 243/244
D5/D6/D7 for the 205/246/276
D8 to match the X8 proposal and replace the 241
D9 for the X96

TT90

The public consultation date to make suggestions and comments has now finished I believe. I wonder when we will hear of the new changes and confirmed registrations for the new routes. Interesting times ahead.  ;)

markcf83

Quote from: OH25 on June 11, 2018, 01:37:34 PM
Just an idea for if they are looking to change all the bus route numbers: can't the D prefix be used for routes to save confusion with numbers?

D1 and D2 for the new proposed 120/120A/121 route
(doing this could allow the 128 and 127 to become the 12/13)
D3 and D4 for the 243/244
D5/D6/D7 for the 205/246/276
D8 to match the X8 proposal and replace the 241
D9 for the X96

Common sense idea.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Westy

TT90

Anybody know of any news on how the consultation is going,  or when the changes may be registered ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk