News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Are buses allowed to go down a side road if they please to?

Started by SK68MEV, August 23, 2019, 01:37:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SK68MEV

Every single night I always see 28 branded buses go down sladefield road back to garage are they allowed to do that and I've seen a 17 branded go down Thornton road back to garage
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Gareth

There's usually a route that they are instructed to take back to garage. If you see it every night, then that may be the dedicated route.

Tony

Quote from: SK68MEV on August 23, 2019, 01:37:40 AM
Every single night I always see 28 branded buses go down sladefield road back to garage are they allowed to do that and I've seen a 17 branded go down Thornton road back to garage

If there isn't a sign at the end of the road with:-
a) a weight on a red circle
b) a height in a red circle
c) a picture of a bus in a red circle
Then yes, a bus can go down there.

MW

Quote from: Tony on August 23, 2019, 06:25:17 AM

What about Broad Oaks Road/Ashleigh Road in Solihull?

Tony

MW

Quote from: Tony on August 23, 2019, 07:18:38 AM
That sign has no legal back up

Thank you. This is what I always said and thought.

As far as I understand, it's just a request. A request that can be politely declined.

Tony

Quote from: MW on August 23, 2019, 08:24:19 AM
Thank you. This is what I always said and thought.

As far as I understand, it's just a request. A request that can be politely declined.

The argument with residents has been going on for years. I can guaranteed you any bus that does go down there will be reported by residents to both the operator and TfWM who for some reason have agreed buses should avoid it.

Wumpty

Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Wumpty

Quote from: Tony on August 23, 2019, 09:27:53 AM
see https://www.google.com/maps/@52.4157468,-1.7889812,3a,22.5y,19.11h,90.61t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sIF5hIuLIOurwG8OlnFSdtw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

In that case, I concur - this is a non-enforceable sign.

I would certainly question who has erected this sign and on what authority; this is classed as an "Information Only" sign and, as such, does not contain an enforceable warning or order. I'm sure there's a case for bus companies to heed the information out of courtesy to maintain reasonable community relations, though personally, I'd be driving my bus down there as often as I can and await a legal challenge!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Tony

Quote from: Wumpty on August 23, 2019, 09:41:53 AM
In that case, I concur - this is a non-enforceable sign.

I would certainly question who has erected this sign and on what authority; this is classed as an "Information Only" sign and, as such, does not contain an enforceable warning or order. I'm sure there's a case for bus companies to heed the information out of courtesy to maintain reasonable community relations, though personally, I'd be driving my bus down there as often as I can and await a legal challenge!

I would love to put another under  "Oh yes they do"

SK68MEV

Quote from: Tony on August 23, 2019, 06:25:17 AM
ok thanks I just wanted to know if they are allowed
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94