News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Current new vehicle order

Started by RW, December 31, 2016, 10:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squiz1971

Quote from: Gareth on January 01, 2017, 07:24:46 PM
I laugh when I see people complaining about the dominance of one of the current vehicle types. I would love to see them at the time when if you weren't on a Metrobus you were on a Fleetline and if you weren't on a National you were on a lynx! (Unless you lived in Wolverhampton and you had a chance of a Volvo.)
I agree I was around when it was just fleetlines DD & SD. AEC swifts for the other SD as well as Nationals Mk1 & 2 before Metrobuses, Lynxes started rolling out. To me whatever buses TfWM/NXWM roll out this year will make for an interesting year for deliveries. I can't wait for these new hybrids & electric buses to come into service in/by 2018

CL

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on January 01, 2017, 07:45:31 PM
What are peoples views on the E400MMC City ? I was under the assumption these were only for London although I believe Blackpool operate a few so whose NX ain't at least considering them ? I don't like the asymmetrical design although it looks better on a decker. A bit of variety ain't a bad thing.
Doubt NX would consider them; what a surprise it would be if they did. The design of the bus, with its nearside staircase glazing, wouldn't accommodate for the T shaped adverts - which is why I believe the existing Streetdecks lack them.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Stevo

Perhaps it comes without staircase glazing. I rather like the curvy front.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Stevo on January 01, 2017, 10:02:06 PM

I would think that as well. If the Streetdecks don't have them despite other operators choosing to retain them, I'm sure ADL could modify them accordingly.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Stevo on January 01, 2017, 10:02:06 PM

No, looks like the e20-0 MMC - Like its had a stroke

markcf83

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on January 01, 2017, 07:45:31 PM
I was under the assumption these were only for London although I believe Blackpool operate a few so whose NX ain't at least considering them

Blackpool have ten currently and have ordered twenty five more for delivery during this year.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

B.C Driver

I would like to see some more Hybrid buses for BC so that the Harborne routes can all be Hybrid, at the moment it's a bit of a mix and match.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk