News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Routes 58 & 59

Started by MW, September 16, 2016, 08:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Just a quick question.

Does anyone know if these routes are restricted to single decker (especially the 59). I can't remember if there's a low bridge. I can't remember seeing a decker on the 59 before (how similar is this route to the old 590?)

Also, how busy would people reckon these routes are (between Yardley and either Kingshurst / Solihull). Obviously those of you who use these routes regularly will know.

Tony

Quote from: MW on September 16, 2016, 08:32:51 PM
Just a quick question.

Does anyone know if these routes are restricted to single decker (especially the 59). I can't remember if there's a low bridge. I can't remember seeing a decker on the 59 before (how similar is this route to the old 590?)

Also, how busy would people reckon these routes are (between Yardley and either Kingshurst / Solihull). Obviously those of you who use these routes regularly will know.

59 can use double decks, but interworks with the 58 which needs singles due to low trees

Quote from: Tony on September 16, 2016, 08:35:37 PM
59 can use double decks, but interworks with the 58 which needs singles due to low trees
One 59 journey currently uses a decker that comes of the 60. 16:38 from Moor Street.
Another journey on the 59 is operated by a decker.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

There are additional peak time journeys added to the 59 which are double deck operated, so there doesn't appear to be a problem with using double decks on that particular route. Not sure about the 58 to be honest, I don't know of any height restrictions off the top of my head, but the two routes do interwork.

As for loadings, certainly in the mornings when I'm heading to work, generally the 58, 59 and 60 towards city have light loadings when I see them on the Coventry Road in South Yardley (with the 900 and 957s usually being quite full). In the evenings, heading out of city, it does vary, depending if buses have been delayed, the 58 and 59 single decks can be rammed full.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

iansdavies

there is a double decker on the way to kingshurst leaving yardley swan at 1930

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk