News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Service changes october 2016

Started by karl724223, August 22, 2016, 08:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl724223

Word has it big changes all around involving tendered work for quiet a few operators

Kevin

*cough*
Wednesfield garage
*cough*
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

strong rumours around West Bromwich garage 127 from October will no longer serve blackheath to Dudley , 128 will serve blackheath again with the 89 terminating in Oldbury, 129 will be curtailed to blackheath.
127 from blackheath to Dudley a nice drive some great views of the midlands from portway hill, I knew it wouldn't last patronage in the evenings has been low few pensioners here and there. Guess the powers that be will take a bus out and increase the journeys to brum as before ,shit

I do stress this is drivers talking nothing concrete

winston

Quote from: Kevin on August 23, 2016, 07:17:10 AM
*cough*
Wednesfield garage
*cough*

Not sure on Wednesfield, I believe some of the Black Country tenders that we are awarded for 5 years for Arriva's Hill Top depot may not be due for re-tender until April 2017?

No idea of what routes have gone out to tender

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on August 23, 2016, 10:09:59 AM
Not sure on Wednesfield, I believe some of the Black Country tenders that we are awarded for 5 years for Arriva's Hill Top depot may not be due for re-tender until April 2017?

No idea of what routes have gone out to tender

Weren't a number of Black Country routes due for tender last October, but with the Dudley bus review due, weren't done @Winston ?

Now 12 months have gone by, and with still no sign of a bus review (would peoples answers to the review now be strictly valid after a year) presume these tenders will now be contracted out?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

the trainbasher

Tempted to FOI TfWM/Centro and asking them what, if any, plans are in place/timelines for the Dudley Network Review mk2

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 23, 2016, 08:20:32 PM
Weren't a number of Black Country routes due for tender last October, but with the Dudley bus review due, weren't done @Winston ?

Now 12 months have gone by, and with still no sign of a bus review (would peoples answers to the review now be strictly valid after a year) presume these tenders will now be contracted out?

No idea what is included in what tender round these days, lost track.

All I remember is Arriva Hill Top won the package of Dudley / Sandwell area tenders back in April 2012 on a 5 year term, whether they see the full 5 years out given the rumours about Wednesfield is anyone's guess.....

ARBB

According to Hanson's drivers, they have bid for some late nights

BigDaddyCool

Does anyone know of any rumours surrounding the Bristol Road routes or anything that may or not be happening in the Weoley Castle/ Harborne area?

Adam 404

23rd October 2016

46 (PB) Birmingham - Perry Barr ... Timing Point changes only
71/72 (AG) Birmingham / Sutton Coldfield - Solihull ... Evening journey contract won from Diamond Buses on 71 service. 71 appears to operate between Castle Bromwich & Solihull College ONLY. 72 Evening timetable also revised consequently.
82/87 (WB) Birmingham - Bearwood / Dudley ... Minor Timetable changes
101 (PB) Birmingham - Handsworth ... Changes to Evening & Sunday timetable.
757 / 886 School Services  ... Withdrawn
914 (PB) Birmingham - Sutton Coldfield ... Timetable & Timing point changes

See pages 13 & 14 of TfWM Service Changes file

Nxwm

Quote from: Adam 404 on September 13, 2016, 03:58:36 PM
23rd October 2016

71/72 (AG) Birmingham / Sutton Coldfield - Solihull ... Evening journey contract won from Diamond Buses on 71 service. 72 Evening timetable also revised consequently.

Wow 757/886 school contracts been withdrawn long standing school runs of perry barr garage

Stu

71/72 (AG) Birmingham / Sutton Coldfield - Solihull ... Evening journey contract won from Diamond Buses on 71 service. 71 appears to operate between Castle Bromwich & Solihull College ONLY. 72 Evening timetable also revised consequently.

That presumably is an error, and the evening journeys have been added to the 71A registration, which is a college service. The 71 doesn't normally go as far as Solihull College.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Adam 404

Quote from: Stu on September 13, 2016, 06:49:20 PM
That presumably is an error, and the evening journeys have been added to the 71A registration, which is a college service. The 71 doesn't normally go as far as Solihull College.
I thought this, but @2206 's post in Diamond Discussion influenced me to modify my post. Apology's for confusion.
Quote from: 2206 on September 13, 2016, 04:39:40 PM

That says it will only operate between Castle Bromwich and Solihull College. Will Sutton - Castle Bromwich no longer have an evening service? Plus will Diamond still operate the Sunday Daytime journeys?

Adam 404

23rd October 2016

71/72 (AG) Birmingham / Sutton Coldfield - Solihull ... Evening journey contract won from Diamond Buses on 71 service. 72 Evening timetable also revised consequently.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk