News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

South Midland

Started by Michael Bevan, August 07, 2016, 03:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Bevan

A brand new South Midland Enviro 400 MMC SN16 OHG is currently parked in the coach park by Miller Street. Anyone have any information about the company? As I've never heard of them.

James4368

Quote from: Michael Bevan on August 07, 2016, 03:21:29 PM
A brand new South Midland Enviro 400 MMC SN16 OHG is currently parked in the coach park by Miller Street. Anyone have any information about the company? As I've never heard of them.
@Michael Bevan

SN16OHG is owned by Weavaway Coaches.
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

winston

They have 12 high spec E400MMC's, Weaverway is the coaching brand, whilst Newbury & District & South Midland are the bus operating brands

Fleetlist below:

http://www.buszone.co.uk/WTfleet.html

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Winston on August 07, 2016, 03:30:03 PM
They have 12 high spec E400MMC's, Weaverway is the coaching brand, whilst Newbury & District & South Midland are the bus operating brands

Fleetlist below:

http://www.buszone.co.uk/WTfleet.html

Thanks for that @Winston. I wonder what it's doing in Birmingham then?

Dylanbusboy45

D10

Note that the Olympians in this fleet are all named after former Midland Red MAP schemes!  :)

Justin Tyme

Quote from: D10 on August 07, 2016, 08:36:30 PM
Note that the Olympians in this fleet are all named after former Midland Red MAP schemes!  :)

That is quite something!  I think the owner is an enthusiast - the fleet has had several interesting vehicles in the past.  South Midland and Newbury & District are old company names as well.

The naming of double deckers after Midland Red MAP schemes is ironic, as several MR MAP schemes saw off double decks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk