News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Routes with the most dead mileage

Started by fleetline6477, June 09, 2012, 11:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleetline6477

Interesting topic elsewhere about NXWM routes with the most dead mileage. This got me thinking about other operators.

Some of the the dead mileage for Pete's Travel must be undeatable, some examples :

Redditch town services dead between Redditch and Hill Top depot
Short Friday evening working on the X50 Stratford - Shipston - on - Stour (which ran throught to Oxford on Sundays and linked with X20) dead back to Hill Top.

575 Wolverhampton - Bilston and Whitchurch Town Services dead to / from Telford when Britannia Coaches depot was in use.

Still remember breaking down in Ludlow one Sunday on the 292 and waiting nearly 2 hours for engineers from Hill Top coming to rescue me

436/7 Bridgnorth - Shrewsbury dead between Much Wenlock and Hill Top

D10

This caused me to dig out an April 2002 timetable for the Sunday X20 and X50 route run by Petes.

It looked there were 3 buses on the route between April and September and 2 in the winter. Each vehicle started or terminated in Stratford, so yes some serious dead mileage, but at least they didn't have to run back dead from Oxford!

PM

I imagine Pete's had a lot of dead mileage as they seemed pretty much willing to run any route from anywhere to anywhere at any time......

Gareth

'anywhere at any time'. - Very much so, I remember well, the numerous Petes Travel buses waiting in Colmore Row on their many night services.

fleetline6477

There was also the Coventry Park & Ride North dead between Coventry and Hill Top.

Discodave

Quote from: fleetline6477 on July 09, 2012, 12:13:06 PM
There was also the Coventry Park & Ride North dead between Coventry and Hill Top.
Did some of them routes at petes yes at the time it was run a route anywhere one you missed was a sunday shift which did 2 round trips on 478 then private from wednesbury to shrewsbury bus station a break then a 96 Shrewsbury to Coalport Museum (telford council would nofund the bit to telford station) and back then break and then the 436 to bridgnorth and back then to bridgnorth and private to depot more time dead running then in service, plus as mentioned the 292 used to do the last one to ludlow then private back intresting running across clent at night.  The much wenlock trip was dropped as the last 436 finished at bridgnorth not as bad then wenlock

fleetline6477

Following on from my post about Johnsons in the West Midlands the buses they operate on the Birmingham University Campus shuttle (3 vehicles PVR, I think) must incur considerable dead mileage from depot.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk