News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Old 342 route (Walsall-Willenhall)

Started by Alex, October 21, 2015, 11:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Bit of a long shot here, but does anyone remember the route between New Invention and Willenhall, as I seem to remember the 342 being mentioned on bus stops on Mill Lane, and Lane Head, along with the 326 (in Lane Head, at least), but something tells me that it used to follow what is now the 28E route into Willenhall, but I can't remember.

Cheers for any help
Alex
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Dutsey

Not very helpful I know but I am pretty sure it used to run through Beechdale and was am evening and sunday service.

But I could be wrong.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Dutsey on October 22, 2015, 12:55:30 PM
Not very helpful I know but I am pretty sure it used to run through Beechdale and was am evening and sunday service.

But I could be wrong.

Yes it was evening and sundays only. It did go down Mill Lane to answer the OP's question

Westy

It gave Willenhall Lane between Frank F School & Pooles Lane a evening & Sunday service but no daytime service!

Wumpty

We ran this route at Midland Choice and think it ran as follows:
Walsall, Hollyhedge Lane, Birchills, Reedswood, Beechdale, Frank F Harrison School, Poets Estate, New Invention, Lane Head, Mill Lane and Willenhall. It interworked with the 326. It was also operated as a curtailed circular from Willenhall in reverse route to New Invention, Allen's Rough and back again.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Westy

Quote from: Wumpty on October 26, 2015, 08:54:36 PM
We ran this route at Midland Choice and think it ran as follows:
Walsall, Hollyhedge Lane, Birchills, Reedswood, Beechdale, Frank F Harrison School, Poets Estate, New Invention, Lane Head, Mill Lane and Willenhall. It interworked with the 326. It was also operated as a curtailed circular from Willenhall in reverse route to New Invention, Allen's Rough and back again.

Thought the 342 was an evening & sunday service only?

Were you the last operator to operate a proper evening & Sunday service on the 326 by the way?

Wumpty

Quote from: Westy on October 26, 2015, 10:57:52 PM
Thought the 342 was an evening & sunday service only?

Were you the last operator to operate a proper evening & Sunday service on the 326 by the way?

352 was evening nd Sunday only, but the curtailed circular interworked with evening 326.

IIRC Pete's Travel won the 326 and normal 342 after us.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk