News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rubbish on Vehicles

Started by Bryan, September 17, 2015, 08:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

The disability pass is vital to allowing the user to still get around, as they may not be able to drive for multiple reasons, such as poor eyesight, health etc. It therefore means they can retain their independence - allowing them to still go shopping and go places.

Quote from: Liberator9 on September 18, 2015, 09:34:32 AM
The disability pass is vital to allowing the user to still get around, as they may not be able to drive for multiple reasons, such as poor eyesight, health etc. It therefore means they can retain their independence - allowing them to still go shopping and go places.
The seven categories are:

A. Registered blind or partially sighted

B. Severely or profoundly deaf

C. Without speech

D. Disability or injury which has a substantial and adverse effect on ability to walk

E. Loss of the use of both arms or without arms

F. Learning disability

G. Would be refused a licence to drive a motor vehicle, or have had a licence withdrawn, on the grounds of physical fitness, other than on the ground of persistent misuse of alcohol or drugs; for example:
                      - Uncontrolled epilepsy
                      - Severe mental disorder
                      - Liable to sudden attacks of giddiness or fainting
                      - Established dementia conditions
                      - Inability to read a registration plate in good light at 20.5m (with lenses)
@Liberator9
@MW
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MW

I know of people who claim ESA (employment support allowance). They claim that they are depressed/anxiety. This gives them £400 a month. They then claim housing benefit of £230 a month, and the Local Discretionary fund which takes the Housing Benefit a further £270 month at least. They are then entitled to disability services, I.e. A bus pass, a disabled badge etc. They then have some kids, and take that benefit into hundreds more or maybe a grand a month.

I know of at least 5 people who do this.

Hence my questioning, and concerns in how easy it seems to get one. I think it's probably a small minority.

P419 EJW

Quote from: MW on September 18, 2015, 07:17:28 PM
I know of people who claim ESA (employment support allowance). They claim that they are depressed/anxiety. This gives them £400 a month. They then claim housing benefit of £230 a month, and the Local Discretionary fund which takes the Housing Benefit a further £270 month at least. They are then entitled to disability services, I.e. A bus pass, a disabled badge etc. They then have some kids, and take that benefit into hundreds more or maybe a grand a month.

Hence my questioning, and concerns in how easy it seems to get one. I think it's probably a small minority.

The top part is irrelevant. That is a different subject. I had to send medical evidence to Centro that I am profoundly deaf. It sounds as though you are just judging people who use these passes.

Bryan

It's very interesting how a comment on rubbish turns into views on disabled people.

It's almost like Chinese Whispers.

Trident 4194

Quote from: MW on September 18, 2015, 07:17:28 PM

Agreed anxiety plenty of jobs that require you to talk to others

MW

Quote from: P419 EJW on September 18, 2015, 07:35:32 PM
The top part is irrelevant. That is a different subject. I had to send medical evidence to Centro that I am profoundly deaf. It sounds as though you are just judging people who use these passes.

If by judging, you mean concluding, then yes. I've concluded that some of the disabled passes are b*llsh*t disabilities that a free bus pass shouldn't been given.

Again I'm not being whatever you want to call it. This is based on what I've seen and what I know.

Now taking a FMOTL/real world view, I think, who cares, the government is screwing you, so you might aswell screw them to get a free bus pass.

the trainbasher

Quote from: MW on September 18, 2015, 10:58:23 PM
If by judging, you mean concluding, then yes. I've concluded that some of the disabled passes are b*llsh*t disabilities that a free bus pass shouldn't been given.

Again I'm not being whatever you want to call it. This is based on what I've seen and what I know.

Now taking a FMOTL/real world view, I think, who cares, the government is screwing you, so you might aswell screw them to get a free bus pass.

You are actually being judgmental and tarring people with the same brush. In fact one could say that you are being discriminatory towards those who are protected persons as designated under several laws including the Equality Act 2010 thus providing a potential claim of libel by accusing that the honourable gentleman was fraudulently using a disabled persons national concessionary pass when he had genuine cause to do so.

You then further encourage a fraudulent act by encouraging people to gain items by deception, thus denying the taxpayer money to which it is deemed payable.

Furthermore, although your comments were clear, simple and straightforward, there is some difficulty in justifiably assigning to it the fourth of the epithets you applied to the statement inasmuch as the precise correlation between the information you communicated and the facts insofar as they can be determined and demonstrated is such as to cause epistemological problems of sufficient magnitude as to lay upon the logical and semantic resources of the English language a heavier burden than they can reasonably be expected to bear.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

MW

Quote from: the trainbasher on September 18, 2015, 11:17:38 PM
You are actually being judgmental and tarring people with the same brush. In fact one could say that you are being discriminatory towards those who are protected persons as designated under several laws including the Equality Act 2010 thus providing a potential claim of libel by accusing that the honourable gentleman was fraudulently using a disabled persons national concessionary pass when he had genuine cause to do so.

You then further encourage a fraudulent act by encouraging people to gain items by deception, thus denying the taxpayer money to which it is deemed payable.

Furthermore, although your comments were clear, simple and straightforward, there is some difficulty in justifiably assigning to it the fourth of the epithets you applied to the statement inasmuch as the precise correlation between the information you communicated and the facts insofar as they can be determined and demonstrated is such as to cause epistemological problems of sufficient magnitude as to lay upon the logical and semantic resources of the English language a heavier burden than they can reasonably be expected to bear.

I don't give my consent to be governed/ruled under the "Equality Act 2010".

I'm not discriminating either. I'm not targeting the entire disabled community either. I'm merely stating it seems pretty easy to get "disabled" status and therefore disability benefits (I.e. Depression/anxiety as they can't be proved).

If I have offended anyone, I do apologise. Everyone has a right to their own opinion, even me.

You can put your dictionary away now.

Bryan

Quote from: the trainbasher on September 18, 2015, 11:17:38 PM

Well said. I should also add that your command of the English language is far better than mine!

Liverpool Street

As with everything this government implements to help the legit, it will ALWAYS be exploited by scum. Its the way of the world. It happens. Trying to siphon the shit out has always plagued authorities. So I can see @MW point, as well as our disabled members views.

Thread closed.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk