News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

DDA

Started by domino.99, August 06, 2015, 09:46:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

domino.99

After speaking to @Ashley 60171 about this, this morning I have a unanswered question. I remember hearing or reading somewhere that all destination blinds have to LED, if this is the case then half of NX fleet will need these fitting which is surely a expensive job.

Again I might be dreaming reading this but I think I did

justlookingaround

Flip-dots and roller blinds can be DDA as long as they are back-lit and of an acceptable size.

Dutsey

Surely the majority of the fleet already have LED blinds?

Tony

Quote from: Dom on August 06, 2015, 09:46:30 AM
After speaking to @Ashley 60171 about this, this morning I have a unanswered question. I remember hearing or reading somewhere that all destination blinds have to LED, if this is the case then half of NX fleet will need these fitting which is surely a expensive job.

Again I might be dreaming reading this but I think I did

If that were the case there's 7000 non compliant buses in London

domino.99

Quote from: Tony on August 06, 2015, 11:11:31 AM
If that were the case there's 7000 non compliant buses in London

I was thinking that...

Westy

Aint roller blinds in the minority thesedays?

domino.99

Quote from: Westy on August 06, 2015, 05:04:46 PM
Aint roller blinds in the minority thesedays?

Not in london

Ashley 60171

My view as somebody who's not got the best eyesight. I'd much rather have roller blinds.

Being as the subject of DDA has come up, what are the actual rules of it that banishes step entrance buses and those such as older low floor vehicles such as b6's and b10's?

CL

Quote from: X94 on August 06, 2015, 06:22:49 PM
Being as the subject of DDA has come up, what are the actual rules of it that banishes step entrance buses and those such as older low floor vehicles such as b6's and b10's?
One of the reasons was wheelchair accessibility, wasn't it?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

MW

Quote from: X94 on August 06, 2015, 06:22:49 PM

I think just the name DDA (Disability Discrimination Act), would answer your question.

The Real 4778

Quote from: clayderman on August 07, 2015, 11:54:01 AM
One of the reasons was wheelchair accessibility, wasn't it?

Carrying of wheelchairs is the principal impact of DDA.

Step-free access, not just for wheelchairs but also for people with walking frames or sticks; mobility scooters are excluded.

Also back-illumination of destination displays. Not specifying LEDs, as anyone familiar with London will be well aware.
Don't you start.

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk