News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

British Transport Police

Started by B.C Driver, January 18, 2016, 01:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.C Driver

I've always wandered why BTP are only in force on the railways. After all a bus is a form of transport too. Wouldnt it be good to see BTP officers at bus stations too, where a driver could easily call for assistance to remove drunks, smokers etc.
Otherwise I think BTP should be renamed British Railway Police!
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Tony

Quote from: Bham Central Driver on January 18, 2016, 01:09:22 PM
I've always wandered why BTP are only in force on the railways. After all a bus is a form of transport too. Wouldnt it be good to see BTP officers at bus stations too, where a driver could easily call for assistance to remove drunks, smokers etc.
Otherwise I think BTP should be renamed British Railway Police!

The BTP is actually funded by the railway companies, not out of general taxation which is why they are a seperate force for the railways.

B.C Driver

Quote from: Tony on January 18, 2016, 01:15:38 PM
The BTP is actually funded by the railway companies, not out of general taxation which is why they are a seperate force for the railways.

Oh ok thanks, I didnt know that, be great to see something similar at bus stations though - pcso's maybe?
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk