News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Council control v privatisation

Started by Tony, March 05, 2015, 03:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Personally I believe privatisation has given innovation, improved frequencies, and has allowed more competition on some routes.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

PM

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 05, 2015, 10:12:36 PM
Personally I believe privatisation has given innovation, improved frequencies, and has allowed more competition on some routes.

Couldn't agree more!!  :D

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: DiamondDart on March 05, 2015, 10:08:56 PM
I can understand why people say this but ultimately what they fail to realise is that profits aren't generated through high fares and minimal investment.

Hmmm, You've not heard of Railtrack ?

QuoteLook at the WCML fiasco-if any wants buses more controlled by politicians then they should consider it...  ::)

Meanwhile, over on the ECML, we've just switched from a system whereby all of the profit went to the public purse, to a system where basically a bribe is paid in return for vast private profit.

... That is unless the business case doesn't pan out & the private operator bails out. AGAIN.

Bob

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 05, 2015, 10:12:36 PM

Do you, as the "great lady" said consider yourself a failure in life?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk