News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bearwood buses bad for your health.

Started by andrew1991, February 04, 2015, 03:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 07, 2015, 08:40:29 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 07, 2015, 08:38:23 PM
Quote from: richie on February 07, 2015, 08:33:11 PM
Did this survey offset the emissions from the amount of people being carried? A full bus would create far less emissions than the equivalent number of cars to carry the load. Even a shed of a bus!

Doubt it, they were just after a news story.

What the next news story should be is

National Express reroute the 11 away from Bearwood after complaints from Deputy Leader of Sandwell Council inconveniencing many passengers!

In all honesty buses are very bad for pollution..

Not if you look at it from @richie point of view, suppose an 11 has 40 people on it, what instead if all those 40 people were in cars, thats 40 extra cars on the road creating emissions, which would be worse than a bus particularly as with 40 extra cars there would be extra traffic jams.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4194

Watch the first top gear of this series

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 07, 2015, 08:47:20 PM

Oh yes, Jeremy Clarkson, known for unbiased reporting! He makes entertaining programees which I enjoy watching, but haven't you noticed.... The car always wins!

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on February 07, 2015, 09:42:42 PM

Oh yes, Jeremy Clarkson, known for unbiased reporting! He makes entertaining programees which I enjoy watching, but haven't you noticed.... The car always wins!

It shows that when the london bus strike was on there were less pollution

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 08, 2015, 08:10:13 AM

It shows that when the london bus strike was on there were less pollution

The road he quoted was Oxford Street. Cars are banned from most of Oxford Street, so of course without the buses there is less pollution!

I bet the deputy leader didn't hang about bearwood high St in the evening if he did he would notice after 6 or 7pm the 49 service has brand new low emission buses that like to shake rattle and roll.

Stu

There would be far less emissions if politicians kept their mouth shut!  8)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

don

Poor old Jeremy - not a bad entertainer but what a dinosaur - I'm sure Oxford Street would have more pollution caused by his private car driving down it with just him in it than half a dozen full buses!! Fast backwards twenty years (when Jeremy could have driven his car down Oxford St) and all forms of transport were subject to monumental delays because of too many people doing just that sort of thing, which no doubt Jeremy moaned about at the time also.

I well remember him getting out of his tree about Oxford City Centre banning private cars and he was bemoaning it being full of buses with nobody on them!

I think if Jeremy was given empty roads with no speed limits (funded by everyone else's taxes) and no laws against power sliding and doing doughnuts he'd be a very happy grandpa racer!!!!!
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

don

Quote from: Stu on February 08, 2015, 10:01:25 AM
There would be far less emissions if politicians kept their mouth shut!  8)

We should vote against the ones we don't agree with - like it or not they are responsible for funding socially necessary bus services so do have a legitimate say in these things. Bearwood is an unusual situation in terms of local government boundary being just inside 'Sandwell' - indeed the 11 used to go along Barnsley Road to stay within the City of Birmingham - BCT originally provided the service of course. It was diverted through the very busy Bearwood High St in WMPTE days - no doubt a sensible move usage wise but probably introducing a lot of delays to the service.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: don on February 08, 2015, 02:11:45 PM

Poor old Jeremy - not a bad entertainer but what a dinosaur - I'm sure Oxford Street would have more pollution caused by his private car driving down it with just him in it than half a dozen full buses!! Fast backwards twenty years (when Jeremy could have driven his car down Oxford St) and all forms of transport were subject to monumental delays because of too many people doing just that sort of thing, which no doubt Jeremy moaned about at the time also.

I well remember him getting out of his tree about Oxford City Centre banning private cars and he was bemoaning it being full of buses with nobody on them!

I think if Jeremy was given empty roads with no speed limits (funded by everyone else's taxes) and no laws against power sliding and doing doughnuts he'd be a very happy grandpa racer!!!!!

Jeremy Clarkson is a legend. Always have, and always will be a fan. And I wouldn't mind a bit of power sliding myself around Pershore Road if those pesky cars, buses, lorries and bikes were all banned from it!

Seriously though he says things to cause a reaction. People are offended far far to easily nowadays, and really should desensitize themselves. Blimey, you all would have a blue fit if you was living through the 60's and 70's! The old phrase 'to laugh something off' would come in handy a lot nowadays instead of looking for an outlet and demanding people lose their jobs or are publicly humiliated for saying their 'incorrect' opinion. This is not an excuse for bad attitude, however, but true free speech is the worst kind of democracy.

Or maybe the world has just outgrown my generation? @Tony @Winston @Mike K

Anyway,, to get this thread back on topic, I agree with @don, you should all be voting against the politics/ians you don't agree with, if you don't vote then you lose your voice. And if you lose your voice you have been successfully muted.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

karl724223

Pollution is bad down bearwood all that dope and weed being smoked down there

Stevo

Anyone remember that Top Gear years ago when Clarkson said 'Now here's a vehicle with a 5.9 litre engine' and he walked not to a car but to a Dart? I looked forward to a sensible drive - 'this is what it's like to drive a bus' - but he just said 'but we don't want to drive this' and walked away. I though Dennis must be pretty unhappy having loaned the vehicle. But that's typical of the programme.

Bryan

This topic was raised again on the new local Freeview channel 8 (Big Centre TV) on Monday this week.

Several NXWM vehicles were seen in the report including 4081 (on 11A), 4232, 4663 (on 11C) and 4712, as well as a Zara double deck vehicle.

Most of the report was based upon the local councillor's opinion, with a small response from NXWM on the future investment of new vehicles. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk