News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

EDL Diversions for Saturday

Started by the trainbasher, February 04, 2015, 02:28:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

From NXWM site

QuoteSaturday 7th February 2015 (between 06:00 and 18:00 hours approximately)

The majority of roads within Dudley Town Centre will be closed on the above date, whilst the EDL protest takes place at Coronation Gardens and a UAF protest takes place at the Earl of Dudley Statue. Delays may be experienced as a result and passengers are advised to allow additional time for any journeys made.

Services 120, 121, 140, 244 and 276 will remain unaffected and will operate in and out of Dudley via Hall Street as normal (boarding from the normal stands in Dudley Bus Station)

Services 1, 27, 27A, 42, 74, 81, 82, 87, 126, 205, 222, 243, 246, 257, 311, 313 and X96 will be diverted as follows:

Service 1: Wolverhampton - Sedgley - Dudley

Bus stops in Wolverhampton Street, Parson's Street, Priory Road, New Street and Castle Street will NOT be served
Normal line of route to Wolverhampton Street, then buses will operate via Stafford Street, Dudley High Street, Vicar Street, Martin Hill Street, Constitution Hill, New Mill Street, Flood Street, Dudley Southern Bypass, Castle Hill, Trindle Road and Birmingham Street into Dudley Bus Station
Service 1: Dudley - Sedgley - Wolverhampton

Will board from Stand A in Dudley Bus Station
Bus stops on The Broadway, Ednam Road (Coronation Gardens), Priory Street and Wolverhampton Street (between Priory Street and Stafford Street) will NOT be served
Buses will operate out of Dudley Bus Station via Portersfield, Trindle Road, Castle Hill, Dudley Southern Bypass, Flood Street, New Mill Street, Constitution Hill, Martin Hill Street, Vicar Street, Dudley High Street and Stafford Street to Wolverhampton Street, then via normal line of route
Services 27, 27A and 257 towards Dudley:

Bus stops along The Broadway, Priory Road (between The Broadway and Ednam Road), New Street and Castle Street will NOT be served
Normal line of routes to Burton Road/Highland Road, then buses will operate via Salop Street, Wolverhampton Street, Stafford Street, Dudley High Street, Vicar Street, Martin Hill Street, Constitution Hill, New Mill Street, Flood Street, Dudley Southern Bypass, Castle Hill, Trindle Road and Birmingham Street into Dudley Bus Station
Service 27, 27A and 257 from Dudley:

Services 27, 27A will board from Stand F in Dudley Bus Station; Service 257 will board from Stand E in Dudley Bus Station
Bus stops along The Broadway, Ednam Road (Coronation Gardens), Priory Street, Wolverhampton Street (between Priory Street and Stafford Street) and Priory Road (between Ednam Road and The Broadway) will NOT be served
Buses will operate out of Dudley Bus Station via Portersfield, Trindle Road, Castle Hill, Dudley Southern By-Pass, Flood Street, New Mill Street, Constitution Hill, Martin Hill Street, Vicar Street, Dudley High Street, Stafford Street, Wolverhampton Street and Salop Street to Highland Road/Burton Road, then via normal line of routes
Services 42, 74, 87, 311 and 313 towards Dudley:

Buses will operate from Castle Hill via Trindle Road and Birmingham Street into Dudley Bus Station.
Services 42, 74, 87, 311 and 313 from Dudley:

Will board from the normal stands in Dudley Bus Station
Bus stops along Castle Street and Castle Hill will NOT be served
Buses will operate out of Dudley Bus Station via Portersfield and Trindle Road to Castle Hill, then via normal lines of route
Services 81 and 82 towards Dudley:

Bus stops along Priory Road (between The Broadway and Ednam Road), New Street and Castle Street will NOT be served
Normal lines of route to Priory Road, then buses will operate via The Broadway, The Parade, Wolverhampton Street, Stafford Street, Dudley High Street, Vicar Street, Martin Hill Street, Constitution Hill, New Mill Street, Flood Street, Dudley Southern Bypass, Castle Hill, Trindle Road and Birmingham Street into Dudley Bus Station
Services 81 and 82 from Dudley:

Service 81 will board from Stand E in Dudley Bus Station; Service 82 will board from Stand G in Dudley Bus Station
Bus stops along The Broadway, Ednam Road (Coronation Gardens) and Priory Road (between Ednam Road and The Broadway) will NOT be served
Buses will operate out of Dudley Bus Station via Portersfield, Trindle Road, Castle Hill, Dudley Southern Bypass, Flood Street, New Mill Street, Constitution Hill, Martin Hill Street, Vicar Street, Dudley High Street, Stafford Street, Wolverhampton Street, The Parade and The Broadway to Priory Road, then via normal lines of route
Service 126 towards Dudley and Birmingham:

Bus stops along Priory Road (between The Broadway and Ednam Road), New Street, Castle Street and Castle Hill will NOT be served
Normal line of route to Priory Road, then buses will operate via The Broadway, The Parade, Wolverhampton Street, Stafford Street, Dudley High Street, Vicar Street, Martin Hill Street, Constitution Hill, New Mill Street, Flood Street, Dudley Southern Bypass, Castle Hill, Trindle Road and Birmingham Street into Dudley Bus Station, then out of Dudley Bus Station via Portersfield and Trindle Road to Castle Hill, then via normal line of route
Service 126 towards Dudley and Wolverhampton:

Will board from Stand U in Dudley Bus Station
Bus stops along The Broadway, Ednam Road (Coronation Gardens) and Priory Road (between Ednam Road and The Broadway) will NOT be served
Normal line of route to Castle Hill, then buses will operate via Trindle Road and Birmingham Street into Dudley Bus Station, then out of Dudley Bus Station via Portersfield, Trindle Road, Castle Hill, Dudley Southern Bypass, Flood Street, New Mill Street, Constitution Hill, Martin Hill Street, Vicar Street, Dudley High Street, Stafford Street, Wolverhampton Street, The Parade and The Broadway to Priory Road, then via normal line of route
Services 205 and 222 towards Dudley:

Bus stops along King Street (between Vicar Street and Hall Street) will NOT be served
Normal lines of route to Vicar Street, then buses will continue along Vicar Street and via Martin Hill Street, Constitution Hill, New Mill Street, Flood Street, Dudley Southern Bypass, Castle Hill, Trindle Road and Birmingham Street into Dudley Bus Station
Services 205 and 222 from Dudley:

Will board from Stand S in Dudley Bus Station
Bus stops along The Broadway, Ednam Road (Coronation Gardens), Priory Street, The Inhedge and Wolverhampton (between Priory Street and Stafford Street) will NOT be served
Buses will operate out of Dudley Bus Station via Portersfield, Trindle Road, Castle Hill, Dudley Southern Bypass, Flood Street, New Mill Street, Constitution Hill, Martin Hill Street, Vicar Street, Dudley High Street, Stafford Street (with Service 205 resuming normal line of route via Wellington Road) and Service 222 continuing along Stafford Street to Wolverhampton Street, then via normal line of route
Services 243 and 246 towards Dudley:

Bus stops along King Street (between Vicar Street and Hall Street) will NOT be served
Normal lines of route to Vicar Street, then buses will continue along Vicar Street and via Martin Hill Street, Constitution Hill, New Mill Street, Flood Street, Dudley Southern Bypass, Castle Hill, Trindle Road and Birmingham Street into Dudley Bus Station
Services 243 and 246 from Dudley:

Services 243 and 246 will board from the normal stands in Dudley Bus Station
Bus stops along King Street (between Hall Street and Vicar Street) will NOT be served
Buses will operate out of Dudley Bus Station via Portersfield, Trindle Road, Castle Hill, Dudley Southern Bypass, Flood Street, New Mill Street, Constitution Hill, Martin Hill Street and Vicar Street to King Street, then via normal lines of route
Service X96 towards Dudley and Wrens Nest:

Will board from Stand C in Dudley Bus Station (for Wrens Nest)
Bus stops along King Street (between Hall Street and Vicar Street), The Broadway, Ednam Road (Coronation Gardens) and Priory Road (between Ednam Road and The Broadway) will NOT be served
Normal line of route to Vicar Street, then buses will continue along Vicar Street and via Martin Hill Street, Constitution Hill, New Mill Street, Flood Street, Dudley Southern Bypass, Castle Hill, Trindle Road and Birmingham Street into Dudley Bus Station, then out of Dudley Bus Station via Portersfield, Trindle Road, Castle Hill, Dudley Southern Bypass, Flood Street, New Mill Street, Constitution Hill, Martin Hill Street, Vicar Street, Dudley High Street, Stafford Street, Wolverhampton Street, The Parade and The Broadway to Priory Road, then via normal line of route
Service X96 towards Dudley, Stourbridge and Wollaston Farm:

Will board from the normal stand in Dudley Bus Station (for Stourbridge and Wollaston Farm)
Bus stops along Priory Road, New Street, Castle Street and King Street (between Hall Street and Vicar Street) will NOT be served
Will operate around the Wrens Nest loop as normal to Priory Road, then buses will operate via The Broadway, The Parade, Wolverhampton Street, Stafford Street, Dudley High Street, Vicar Street. Martin Hill Street, Constitution Hill, New Mill Street, Flood Street, Dudley Southern Bypass, Castle Hill, Trindle Road and Birmingham Street into Dudley Bus Station, then out of Dudley Bus Station via Portersfield, Trindle Road, Castle Hill, Dudley Southern Bypass, Flood Street, New Mill Street, Constitution Hill, Martin Hill Street and Vicar Street to King Street, then via normal line of route

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

From Centro Site

On Saturday 07 February 2015, between 06:00-18:00, several roads in Dudley town centre will be closed due to planned protests.
Due to the closures, Dudley Bus station will have a reduced amount of stands available and multiple routes will be diverted in and around the town centre.

Roads affected :

Priory Road, The Broadway, Salop Street, Himley Road, Grange Road, Wellington Road, High Street, King Street, Blackacre Road, Tipton Road, Birmingham Road, Hall Street

Dudley Bus Station: Stand Changes

Stands L-R will be closed. The following stand changes will apply.

Service.   Usual Stand.     Stand for 07.02.15

222/205.  L.                    S
24 to Fox  M.                   F
27/27A.    M.                   F
257.         M.                   E
82.           N.                   G
X96 Wren. N.                   C
81 WVH.    P.                   E
223/229.   P.                   B
1.             Q.                   A
126 WVH.    R.           U

While the following roads are closed, buses will be asked to use the following diversion routes.

Priory Road

Inbound Services - 81, 82, 126

Priory Road to roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto the Broadway, first left onto The Parade, take the 1st exit onto Wolverhampton Street, right onto Stafford Street, left onto High Street, right onto Vicar Street, left onto Martin Hill Street, left onto Constitution Hill, right onto New Mill Street, right onto Flood Street, take the 1st exit onto Dudley Southern Bypass, take the 1st exit onto Castle Hill, left onto Trindle Road, right onto Birmingham Street into the Bus Station.

Outbound Services - 81, 82, 126, X96

Should exit the bus station via Portersfield and left onto Trindle Road follow the above diversion in reverse

The Broadway

Inbound Services - 27

The Broadway, left onto The Parade, take the 1st exit onto Wolverhampton Street, right onto Stafford Street, left onto High Street, right onto Vicar Street, left onto Martin Hill Street, left onto Constitution Hill, right onto New Mill Street, right onto Flood Street, take the 1st exit onto Dudley Southern Bypass, take the 1st exit onto Castle Hill, left onto Trindle Road, right onto Birmingham Street into the Bus Station.

Outbound Services - 27

Should exit the bus station via Portersfield and left onto Trindle Road follow the above diversion in reverse

Salop Street

Inbound Services - 1, 27, 27A, 257

Salop Street, take the 2nd exit onto Wolverhampton Street, right onto Stafford Street, left onto High Street, right onto Vicar Street, left onto Martin Hill Street, left onto Constitution Hill, right onto New Mill Street, right onto Flood Street, take the 1st exit onto Dudley Southern Bypass, take the 1st exit onto Castle Hill, left onto Trindle Road, right onto Birmingham Street into the Bus Station.

Outbound Services - 1, 27, 27A, 257

Himley Road

Inbound Services - 223

Himley Road, take the 3rd exit onto Wolverhampton Street, right onto Stafford Street, left onto High Street, right onto Vicar Street, left onto Martin Hill Street, left onto Constitution Hill, right onto New Mill Street, right onto Flood Street, take the 1st exit onto Dudley Southern Bypass, take the 1st exit onto Castle Hill, left onto Trindle Road, right onto Birmingham Street into the Bus Station.

Outbound Services - 223

Grange Road

Inbound Services - 222

Grange Road, right onto Wolverhampton Street, right onto Stafford Street, left onto High Street, right onto Vicar Street, left onto Martin Hill Street, left onto Constitution Hill, right onto New Mill Street, right onto Flood Street, take the 1st exit onto Dudley Southern Bypass, take the 1st exit onto Castle Hill, left onto Trindle Road, right onto Birmingham Street into the Bus Station.

Outbound Services - 222

Wellington Road

Inbound Services - 205

Wellington Road, right onto Stafford Street, left onto High Street, right onto Vicar Street, left onto Martin Hill Street, left onto Constitution Hill, right onto New Mill Street, right onto Flood Street, take the 1st exit onto Dudley Southern Bypass, take the 1st exit onto Castle Hill, left onto Trindle Road, right onto Birmingham Street into the Bus Station.

Outbound Services - 205

High Street - Inbound & King Street - Outbound

Inbound Services - 226, 243, 246, 282, X96

High Street, right onto Vicar Street, left onto Martin Hill Street, left onto Constitution Hill, right onto New Mill Street, right onto Flood Street, take the 1st exit onto Dudley Southern Bypass, take the 1st exit onto Castle Hill, left onto Trindle Road, right onto Birmingham Street into the Bus Station.

Outbound Services - 226, 243, 246, 282, X96

Blackacre Road

Inbound Services - 81

Blackacre Road, take the 3rd exit onto Dudley Southern Bypass, take the 1st exit onto Castle Hill, left onto Trindle Road, right onto Birmingham Street into the Bus Station.

Outbound Services - 81

Tipton Road & Birmingham Road

Inbound Services - 24, 42, 74, 87, 126, 229 and 311/313

Castle Hill, left onto Trindle Road, right onto Birmingham Street into the Bus Station.

Outbound Services - 24, 42, 74, 87, 126, 229 and 311/313

Hall Street

No change of route.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Westy

So Dudley is a no go area then on Saturday :(

andrew1991

the trainbasher

Quite a few shops have announced they're closing for Saturday (don't blame them really!).

Sources tell me Dudley Port station will be busy With old bill

andrew1991

Quote from: Matt on February 05, 2015, 10:53:29 PM
Utterly ridiculous, if the council had not agreed to the plans for this supermosque thing which the majority of people in Dudley do not want none of this would be necessary

Expect UAF groups to be there stirring up trouble

EDL are in coronation gardens which has just been replanted and UAF are in castle street which has just been redeveloped. EDL are meeting in rock zombie in king street for drinks before the protest

the trainbasher

Obviously I have to remain politically nuteral (work social media policy and all that) but personally I hope those nice EDL chaps get soaked

the trainbasher

Stuharris 6360

I strongly disagree with all of this, everyone has a right to protest and to march, but for people from all over the country to come and protest against a Mosque in Dudley is stupid.

As we all know, there is a Mosque below the bus station in Dudley, which on a Friday afternoon disrupts the bus service when the men are arriving for Friday prayers. One reason, and i am sure there are many more, as to why the Mosque should be moved out of the centre of the town.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

notepanel

Quote from: Matt on February 07, 2015, 10:27:14 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on February 07, 2015, 10:20:26 PM
http://www.expressandstar.com/news/crime/2015/02/07/thirty-arrests-as-edl-protests-in-dudley/

Obviously I can't comment on this due to the works social media policy.

Looks good to me!

There were apparently 650 people protesting between the two groups, yet despite the fact the Birmingham Mail and Express & Star both had several reporters each at the protests I only noticed one mention of an arrest (which I believe was the same one) on each of the papers live twitter feeds.

Given the relatively small numbers protesting you have to question how they failed to notice the other 29 arrests?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: notepanel on February 08, 2015, 12:25:58 AM
http://www.expressandstar.com/news/crime/2015/02/07/thirty-arrests-as-edl-protests-in-dudley/

Looks good to me!

There were apparently 650 people protesting between the two groups, yet despite the fact the Birmingham Mail and Express & Star both had several reporters each at the protests I only noticed one mention of an arrest (which I believe was the same one) on each of the papers live twitter feeds.

Given the relatively small numbers protesting you have to question how they failed to notice the other 29 arrests?

Reporter probably to busy thinking of a way he could slag off NE in his report, surprised it wasn't mentioned that, with no buses running in that part of Dudley, how low emisssions were!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Squirrel

MW

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 07, 2015, 10:39:49 PM
I strongly disagree with all of this, everyone has a right to protest and to march, but for people from all over the country to come and protest against a Mosque in Dudley is stupid.

As we all know, there is a Mosque below the bus station in Dudley, which on a Friday afternoon disrupts the bus service when the men are arriving for Friday prayers. One reason, and i am sure there are many more, as to why the Mosque should be moved out of the centre of the town.

Agreed. Waste of time these EDL idiots. Strongly disagree with Matt.

Liverpool Street

Looks good to me!

I do like to see the St. George cross flying high in England once again.

In that article, however, I quote "We have said all along that the EDL is not welcome in Dudley borough but there are no legal powers to stop them holding a protest" - so by those standards they must also 'not welcome' any other political movements and such. Free speech? Yet people still manage to hold the wrong opinion.. Haha..

According to the telegraph 25% of Britons see the English flag as a racist symbol. Treasonous speech if I've ever heard it!

I'm English. And I can say without any doubt my gravestone will be embellished with the flag of my nationality as depicted herein my last will and testament. I'm not British. I'm not European. I'm English. And I will fly my flag until the day I die.

I don't see the point of keeping this thread open any longer, as all the bus diversions have been lifted and Dudley's mosques are still standing.

Thread Terminated.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk