News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Am I seeing things?

Started by domino.99, February 14, 2015, 11:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

domino.99

Right, am I seeing things? I ask this because of the photo I just put on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/97592007@N08/16500212916/

Now part of me is 99% sure he is a Bilston rota driver but is driving the 229 (wearing what looks to be an NX uniform) i'm really confused can anyone help?

Tara4352

Youre right it looks like an nx uniform

Liverpool Street

NXWM might've sacked him/left on his own accord and he found alternative employment at Arriva, however rather then letting him drive in civilian clothes Arriva told him to wear his NX uniform until the Arriva uniform gets delivered.

Other then that its hardly any of our business.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Westy

Quote from: Liverpool Street on February 14, 2015, 12:03:25 PM
NXWM might've sacked him/left on his own accord and he found alternative employment at Arriva, however rather then letting him drive in civilian clothes Arriva told him to wear his NX uniform until the Arriva uniform gets delivered.

Other then that its hardly any of our business.

Surely that would cause confusion, despite it being none of our business?

Trident 4609

He used to be an NX Park Lane driver. He's been wearing that uniform for ages!

Westy

Surely he should have found a way to cover up the logo?

Tiptonian

I agree that this is non of our business. We have no right to speculate or raise questions on someones personal circumstances; indeed, one of the most objectionable part of being a bus driver is being treated as an object of public property. As long as he is safe I don't care what he wears. I wish him well in a difficult profession that completely wrecked my health.

notepanel

The only reason questions are being asked though is because this driver appears to be wearing full NX uniform whilst driving for a competitor. It's not like he is just wearing the coat or the shirt under a different jumper - it appears to be the full uniform, including tie. If he was wearing Arriva uniform or a plain shirt nobody would be questioning anything.

If I went into Sainsbury's and was served on the checkout by someone wearing an ASDA uniform, I would say it is perfectly reasonable to assume that every single customer that person served would ask why they are wearing the uniform of a competitor. 

The biggest question that comes to my mind from this picture is why are Arriva allowing one of their drivers to wear this whilst at work? 

Westy

Quote from: notepanel on February 15, 2015, 01:29:07 PM
The only reason questions are being asked though is because this driver appears to be wearing full NX uniform whilst driving for a competitor. It's not like he is just wearing the coat or the shirt under a different jumper - it appears to be the full uniform, including tie. If he was wearing Arriva uniform or a plain shirt nobody would be questioning anything.

If I went into Sainsbury's and was served on the checkout by someone wearing an ASDA uniform, I would say it is perfectly reasonable to assume that every single customer that person served would ask why they are wearing the uniform of a competitor. 

The biggest question that comes to my mind from this picture is why are Arriva allowing one of their drivers to wear this whilst at work?

Exactly.

Not interested in the driver's personal life, just why he's wearing a NX uniform while driving an Arriva bus!

Steveminor

This forum is about buses not fashion. It's no one business on here what he wears as long as his employer are happy that's all that matters.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk