News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Started by Solo1, June 07, 2015, 05:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on June 22, 2015, 09:18:26 PM
I have put a couple of Ronnie Morgan's photos of it in original livery on the bottom of its page on my website
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4001-4224/4001.html

Brilliant photos @Tony
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

CL

Maybe a silly question, especially for a preservation organisation - but, would Wythall restore the rollerblinds?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

Quote from: clayderman on June 22, 2015, 09:38:03 PM
Maybe a silly question, especially for a preservation organisation - but, would Wythall restore the rollerblinds?

That won't be as easy as it seems, as the blinds on spectras were motorised number blinds, similar to current London ones, but the destination ones were hand wound. I suspect TWM had the only four track motorised number blinds in the country, so finding a replacement might not be easy

domino.99

Quote from: Tony on June 22, 2015, 09:40:12 PM
That won't be as easy as it seems, as the blinds on spectras were motorised number blinds, similar to current London ones, but the destination ones were hand wound. I suspect TWM had the only four track motorised number blinds in the country, so finding a replacement might not be easy

I know it's not it's full original state but couldn't they just do windy blinds for the numbers aswell?

Tony

Quote from: Dom on June 22, 2015, 10:05:10 PM
I know it's not it's full original state but couldn't they just do windy blinds for the numbers aswell?

You have to find a way of winding them then, It can be done, but again is not easy

domino.99

Quote from: Tony on June 22, 2015, 10:07:59 PM
You have to find a way of winding them then, It can be done, but again is not easy

Dosen't it have the clips at the front of the upper deck?

Liverpool Street

I await eagerly the restoration of R1 NEG.

'Beast' is merely an understatement for this vehicle.

A modern day classic.

Many drivers hated them, not me. I enjoyed the madness of the dashboard, the size of the steering wheel, the quirky destination displays, the inability to switch the thing off if you've just started it on a cold morning, the lack of lower window, the shady interior with lack of lighting, the tiny impossible to break mirrors, the sound of the thing, the lower saloon windows being larger then the upper, the speed, the laughable brakes...
These had character right from the factory. You'll never get one of your Enviros to be the same.

I might be biased as its a 'somewhat' descendant from the Metrobus, but all the same, like those these are fullmof character.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk