News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

The Old Coventry Road Bus garage is.......

Started by Tony, December 17, 2014, 08:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Currently on fire causing the Coventry Road to be closed and diversions & chaos in the area

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on December 17, 2014, 08:54:39 PM
Currently on fire causing the Coventry Road to be closed and diversions & chaos in the area

Is it used for anything these days Tony?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Rob H

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 17, 2014, 08:59:58 PM
Quote from: Tony on December 17, 2014, 08:54:39 PM

Is it used for anything these days Tony?

A Small Part of the front is being used for Car Maintenance Stu.

I hope nobody was hurt if this was arson I hope they catch the s**t who started it.
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Gareth

Obviously depending on damage, but it will be a shame if it will have to be demolished. Although it hasn't been a bus garage for almost 30 years, it's another piece of Birmingham's transport history lost.

Rob H

Quote from: Gareth on December 17, 2014, 09:41:57 PM
Obviously depending on damage, but it will be a shame if it will have to be demolished. Although it hasn't been a bus garage for almost 30 years, it's another piece of Birmingham's transport history lost.

The 58 and 60 operated from Cov Road Garage when it was open it also operated Trams and Trolley Buses from there and like you said Gareth it won't be the same if it gets demolished.

Here is a link about the blaze last night - http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/coventry-road-fire-was-arson-8310299
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk