News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wrightbus volvo b6le

Started by 2900, July 16, 2014, 12:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: ARJ2901 on December 10, 2014, 07:56:03 AM
Quote from: Ashley on September 03, 2014, 08:26:30 AM
554 was the Penznett pushchair carrier but I named it the snug as it was always warm in the winter

I think I posted my list of names but if I didn't then here's a few I came up with

508 - the old'un
524 - groaner
534 - the beast
554 - the snug
555 - not sure who's claiming acooby doo
586 - rattlebox
598 - Fred
600 - the power
620 and 582 - canal barges
626 - oasis
633 - sloth
638 - slippery gears or just SHED
639 - step up
677 - solider on

I cant think off the top of my head of the names of B6's from the past but i do know 648 was the dulux bus

Enjoyed the past few years of this type, I grew up with Excels but I do and will miss both types

586 is, in my opinion, the worst B6 at WN, as it, and 582, tend to appear on my 25 in the morning, I know how loud and uncomfortable it is, although it was worse when I caught it on the 25 from Wolves bus station to Bilston, good god, it shook about. I didn't really grow up with B6's as the first time I remember one in Willenhall, was about 2004, when they and B10B's were allocated to the 333. I always liked the Excels better, as they couldn't half get some speed on, on the Cannock Rd, when the 528 went down there

You must have used the 528 at less busy periods then because I always remember being stuck in traffic on Cannock Road. The Dundee Excels weren't as nice but I liked the Excels on the whole. Then I could get off the 528 on Stafford Street and go and get a Trident or a Spectra on the 501.

Stevo

Quote from: 2900 on December 09, 2014, 11:16:30 PM
I may be wrong volvo no longer produce a midi bus chassis as far I can see, from what I,ve read in the past the b6le was hastily designed in response to the dart. Imagine what they could if they set about it properly, I reckon they missing out on a key segment in this bus sector. As I understand it the street lite is a complete Wrightbus design from I,ve read no volvo input.
No - Volvo has had no midibus since 2001 and now is hardly selling any full-size single deckers as few operators seem interested in the B8RLE. I don't know how Volvo will do with the B5TL double decker either as few have been ordered apart from Dublin Bus, Belfast Metro and Lothian. It seems as if Volvo's market share of buses in the UK will plummet.

My how things have changed for volvo they once enjoyed lions share of the British bus market, it's does seem strange in the age of effiency and down sizing of engines they go and produce the b8rle, from my understanding of down sizing of engines especially from 6 to 4 cylinders reduces gross vehicle weight thus increasing seating and standing numbers.

Kevin

Shame really, because as has been mentioned a few times on here of late, their buses have proved good quality and still soldiering on
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Liverpool Street

Overall the B7RLE is a good bus, but slightly underpowered. (ECU yet again) - seems Volvo have listened and upped it to the B8RLE. I wish NX would standardize Volvo products and not ADL crap.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Here here I,m with you Liverpool Street I agree volvo all the way. A very long waiting game now till this multi year deal expires. Hopefully it will give time to  wrightbus and volvo with new vehicles to attempt nx back. If the enviro 400 lives up to hype may be its curtains to the a mentioned.

Stevo

I wish they'd dual source as they did from 2001 till 2013 with both ADL and either Volvo or Scania.

Bob

Quote from: 2900 on December 10, 2014, 11:00:02 AM
My how things have changed for volvo they once enjoyed lions share of the British bus market, it's does seem strange in the age of effiency and down sizing of engines they go and produce the b8rle, from my understanding of down sizing of engines especially from 6 to 4 cylinders reduces gross vehicle weight thus increasing seating and standing numbers.

Yes but then you end up with s##t like Streetlites & SB200s...underpowered and pants

The Real 4778

It seems to go inevitably in business cycles, this process of diversification, then standardisation, diversification again, standardisation, and so on.

Late sixties, Fleetline was the Birmingham standard for a few years with bodies dual sourced (Park Royal and MCW), then the seventies saw Bristol and Volvo products come in as Leyland struggled, before the Metro invasion swept all before it.  Then we had Dennis and Volvo with a variety of body styles, and now we're going back into a period of standardisation.

It would make an interesting economic case study....
Don't you start.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk