News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Local railways

Started by arrifirststage, November 20, 2014, 06:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrifirststage

My interests are currently solely bus based,but I read the railway comments also.
Can anyone suggest a book,website or anything which would enable a complete novice to gain an insight into the world of Midlands railways and their operations?
Thank you.

windy miller

Quote from: arrifirststage on November 20, 2014, 06:30:03 PM
My interests are currently solely bus based,but I read the railway comments also.
Can anyone suggest a book,website or anything which would enable a complete novice to gain an insight into the world of Midlands railways and their operations?
Thank you.

Arrif..There is a very good website with the title  WNXX which will give you a comprehensive insight into everyday rail operations, unfortunately much of the info is available behind a pay wall £10 P.a or alternatively, £6 per 6 months,  There are numerous publication options available at the ian allan bookshop in Birmingham which is a short walk from the main entrance to Bham New st stn.  There is another site with the title 'Abrail' which is a comprehensive list of ALL Rail locomotives, coaches, (stock) and their last known depot locations inc all preserved stock in mainland uk.  hope this helps.     
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk