News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Fire damaged 4502

Started by Gareth, July 20, 2014, 06:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

Today I had a journey on 4502 on the 94. When did this bus actually re enter service following it's repairs from fire damage? It's certainly the first time I've seen it since.
There is a new upper rear end, and it looks like all the seats have been re trimmed. However there is still quite a strong smoke smell upstairs (like that of burnt fabric and plastic, not cigarettes!)

John

It arrived back in garage the beginning of June (I first saw it on the 7th), and it re-entered service about a week later

Gareth

I had a feeling it may have been around that time as it's tax disc is 5/15. Its just eluded me until now.

John

Quote from: Gareth on July 20, 2014, 06:58:49 PM
Today I had a journey on 4502 on the 94. When did this bus actually re enter service following it's repairs from fire damage? It's certainly the first time I've seen it since.
There is a new upper rear end, and it looks like all the seats have been re trimmed. However there is still quite a strong smoke smell upstairs (like that of burnt fabric and plastic, not cigarettes!)

Finally had it on the 16 yesterday. There is still a slight smell upstairs of smoke/fire damage, but one of the best Gemini's to drive that we have

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk