News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

which other depots show this

Started by Solo1, September 27, 2014, 07:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

lot of BC buses coming into colmore row show this  which other depots also show this https://www.flickr.com/photos/stanjack/15185020780/

CL

It's been happening for a while now, and has been mentioned in another thread somewhere... However, so far no other buses from other garages have had this programmed, or if so, they've not been used.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Trident 4194

Quote from: clayderman on September 27, 2014, 08:04:45 PM
It's been happening for a while now, and has been mentioned in another thread somewhere... However, so far no other buses from other garages have had this programmed, or if so, they've not been used.

Yes it's in bham central thread, hybrids use this aswell

YWDriver

It's a good idea if the relief point is at a very busy stop (such as those in town). Wouldn't be much point in having it at any of our relief points though, and I don't believe it is programmed in.

Mike K

Quote from: YWDriver on September 28, 2014, 10:24:29 AM
It's a good idea if the relief point is at a very busy stop (such as those in town). Wouldn't be much point in having it at any of our relief points though, and I don't believe it is programmed in.

It's been used on the Harborne routes since the relief point changed from Snow Hill to the Colmore Row terminus. Seems to work well in keeping people from piling onto the bus the moment it has unloaded.

CL

Quote from: Mike K on September 28, 2014, 11:26:10 AM

It's been used on the Harborne routes since the relief point changed from Snow Hill to the Colmore Row terminus. Seems to work well in keeping people from piling onto the bus the moment it has unloaded.

Although it is quite funny to see these in the morning where school children are bombarding B5 drivers (piling up outside the doors), assuming it would enter service on the 22/3/3A. They were right (Usually enters on a 23A). But I'm still waiting for the day they bombard the entrance, and it turns out to be starting on a 24. :P lol
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Westy

Slightly off topic,but do the bus station supervisors keep an eye on certain stands so there are no queue jumpers?

My other sister, who also lives in West Bromwich, was waiting for a 4 to Walsall the other day &, according to her, the driver was aware she was first in the queue, followed by another few behind her, when someone queue jumped in front.

My sister & a few other people had a go at this passenger for jumping, but they ignored my sister & the other passengers('cocking a deaf un').

What rights does a driver have to tell this passenger what's what, as it was an adult passenger, not a kid?

What rights does have a passenger have, as it's bloody rude?

YWDriver

Quote from: Westy on September 28, 2014, 04:20:14 PM
Slightly off topic,but do the bus station supervisors keep an eye on certain stands so there are no queue jumpers?

My other sister, who also lives in West Bromwich, was waiting for a 4 to Walsall the other day &, according to her, the driver was aware she was first in the queue, followed by another few behind her, when someone queue jumped in front.

My sister & a few other people had a go at this passenger for jumping, but they ignored my sister & the other passengers('cocking a deaf un').

What rights does a driver have to tell this passenger what's what, as it was an adult passenger, not a kid?

Unfortunately it is less about 'rights' and more about common courtesy which sadly seems to be lacking in today's society. You may get a driver who will take a stand and say something but in reality it is not going to achieve anything. I personally only get involved if people start piling on when there are elderly people/pushchairs still trying to get off. Everyone is in a rush these days!

fleetline6477

Why have they changed the relief point. This is only going to add to the delays in Colmore Row with buses needing to stop for longer. At Snow Hill there was much more room for buses to parked for several minutes whilst reliefs take place.

Mike K

Quote from: fleetline6477 on September 28, 2014, 08:21:35 PM

Why have they changed the relief point. This is only going to add to the delays in Colmore Row with buses needing to stop for longer. At Snow Hill there was much more room for buses to parked for several minutes whilst reliefs take place.

From a passenger perspective it's far better. Nothing more annoying when you are travelling to Colmore Row having to wait, sometimes for a few minutes, on Snow Hill for a driver change.

The first stop on Colmore Row is a 'spare' unload only stop, this is where they stop for driver changeover. Seems to work fine, and also makes life easier for the team that sweep and litter clear the buses at that stop.

Westy

Quote from: YWDriver on September 28, 2014, 06:19:47 PM
Quote from: Westy on September 28, 2014, 04:20:14 PM

Unfortunately it is less about 'rights' and more about common courtesy which sadly seems to be lacking in today's society. You may get a driver who will take a stand and say something but in reality it is not going to achieve anything. I personally only get involved if people start piling on when there are elderly people/pushchairs still trying to get off. Everyone is in a rush these days!

Thanks anyway.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk