News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

3010 - BJ12YPV loan

Started by arrivadays, August 23, 2014, 08:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivadays

I know this is currently on loan to Telford, but has anybody got an idea as to why it is? Is it just covering during the Gorge Connect season or is there another vehicle that's not in use at the moment?
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

2200 Bus

It's in return for 3779 which is at Tamworth for what I've been told is a comparison of fuel statistics with the demo citaro which was recently there

arrivadays

Ah, that explains it! Can't say I'd noticed 3779 had gone, so I understand it all now. Shame their getting rid of the Citaros in Telford...
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

Bob

Yea and look what crap your getting to replace them! !!!

2200 Bus

Quote from: Bob on August 24, 2014, 09:31:38 AM

Would rather ride on a Dart than a Streetlite!

arrifirststage

Quote from: Bob on August 24, 2014, 09:31:38 AM
How many Streetlites have you actually ridden on?
Do you honestly believe that large multinational companies like Arriva and First would invest millions of pounds on vehicles you rather unimaginatively describe as "crap"?

arrivadays

I think he's saying that they're crap because of the horrendous noise that they make, even from new. I've seen videos on You Tube of Streetlites, and they do sound dreadful - the compressor makes a horrendous buzzing noise at low speeds, and their engines don't sound to lovely to boot.

Sure, they might be economical and cheap, etc., but you know that there's rarely such a thing as "Cheap and cheerful", as demonstrated here. From an enthusiast perspective, they're not buses that sound appealing, so to speak, despite the strong points from a business/operator point of view.

bwsau cymru

I was shocked when telford first got citaros in such a small number. That I think showed things would go 2 ways, more or they go. Streetlites Ive herd nothing good about them, I like the idea of the micro hybrid, but for me its would be an optare everytime!
campaigning for better transport for all

Tony

Quote from: arrivadays on August 24, 2014, 06:11:40 PM
I think he's saying that they're crap because of the horrendous noise that they make, even from new. I've seen videos on You Tube of Streetlites, and they do sound dreadful - the compressor makes a horrendous buzzing noise at low speeds, and their engines don't sound to lovely to boot.

Sure, they might be economical and cheap, etc., but you know that there's rarely such a thing as "Cheap and cheerful", as demonstrated here. From an enthusiast perspective, they're not buses that sound appealing, so to speak, despite the strong points from a business/operator point of view.

The engine and gearbox are exactly the same as Enviro200 on First's so I don't get any of this horrendous noise when nobody is saying the same thing about E200s. They are not cheap and cheerful. The lack of power is purely down to how companies set the engine management up. Basically what everyone is saying is 'I don't like the look so every thing else about them is rubbish!

Bob

Well they are incredibly ugly Tony! And if you listen to them on the youtube videos they sound far worse than any E200 despite having same engine/gearbox.  Arent First skint? Could tbat be why they're upgrading their fleets with lightweight buses rather than the scania/volvo etc buses theyve previously bought?

Bob

Look at youtube First South Yorkshire streetlite DF 63041 LK62 HJK video to see how dreadful these things sound.  Incredibly noisy and worse than any E200 ive heard. You can bet arriva will have the engine management set up to 'underpowered' if cannocks 'cant get up a hill without shaking' pulsars are anything to go by.

arrifirststage

Quote from: Bob on August 25, 2014, 10:20:45 AM
Look at youtube First South Yorkshire streetlite DF 63041 LK62 HJK video to see how dreadful these things sound.  Incredibly noisy and worse than any E200 ive heard. You can bet arriva will have the engine management set up to 'underpowered' if cannocks 'cant get up a hill without shaking' pulsars are anything to go by.
I'm afraid that if Arriva bought a fleet of Rolls Royce limousines and put them into service at Cannock then a certain resident would complain they were underpowered.
There is criticism and blind prejudice and I think certain individuals have now forfeited the right to even be taken seriously again.

Bob

bwsau cymru

I don't know about other operators but Diamonds at Redditch sound totally different from the outside compared to an enviro.

Im not against streetlites I think its a good concept, everyone though is going to have a personal preference, Im not a big fan of cummins.

And if you look at the new wright bus website the streetlite is offered on a Daimler power unit so that surely would be same engine as optare use in the versa??

And finally yes its new and un proven, but where on earth would we be if we didn't have new products come to the market!!

First have been asking for light weight chassis from manufacturers it has been mentioned many times. Often there is no need for a heavy weight option and all operators are trying to be effianent so when light weight are cheap to operate (less fuel etc) then that's what they are going to go for.

(please excuse my spelling)
campaigning for better transport for all

Bob

Quote from: arrifirststage on August 25, 2014, 10:41:17 AM
Quote from: Bob on August 25, 2014, 10:20:45 AM
I'm afraid that if Arriva bought a fleet of Rolls Royce limousines and put them into service at Cannock then a certain resident would complain they were underpowered.
There is criticism and blind prejudice and I think certain individuals have now forfeited the right to even be taken seriously again.

How is it blind prejudice?  On a lot of the youtube videos streetlites do sound extremely noisy and pulsars do struggle to get up any hill without the engine/gears labouring. ...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk