News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Service Changes from 20th July

Started by Liverpool Street, May 24, 2014, 10:52:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy

Don't forget that Centro's rules for tendered services are changing from October due to government cutbacks and that a lot of existing tendered services will be withdrawn or revised.  I think that the threshold is 8 passengers per journey.

s94

Quote from: Roy on July 24, 2014, 05:03:39 PM
Quote from: Winston on July 24, 2014, 11:03:50 AM
Quote from: 2900 on July 24, 2014, 10:45:33 AM
It's all about the money and nothing but money , nx profit efficiency driven organisation full stop.

It's a business and Dean Finch has shareholders / the City to keep happy, it's not a charity.

If not enough people use the routes when they are there, I don't see how they can complain when they are withdrawn  ???

The figure I have been given for usage along Lodgefield Road and Station Road in Old Hill is an average of 44 per day.  Centro have said that they can't create a new tendered service along this route given that level of usage.
Don't suppose you know the figures for Coppice Lane, Quarry Road/St Anne's Road?
What figures are needed for anew tendered service?

PM

Quote from: Roy on July 24, 2014, 05:31:05 PM
Don't forget that Centro's rules for tendered services are changing from October due to government cutbacks and that a lot of existing tendered services will be withdrawn or revised.  I think that the threshold is 8 passengers per journey.

That is relatively high if you think about it. I reckon a significant amount of routes will be cutback using that criteria. Speaking logically though, if WCC cuts are anything to go by, the initial proposal to withdraw essentially everything was soon changed.

bususer12

Quote from: Roy on July 24, 2014, 05:31:05 PM

That threshold is a bit dependant on route length though, as a short route such as 205 evening, which can 2x as many journeys than say the 255 evening service, is the threshold for both 8 passengers, or is it something more measurable such as 12 passengers per hour for example.

bususer12

Quote from: s94 on July 24, 2014, 05:42:41 PM
Quote from: Roy on July 24, 2014, 05:03:39 PM
Quote from: Winston on July 24, 2014, 11:03:50 AM
Quote from: 2900 on July 24, 2014, 10:45:33 AM
It's all about the money and nothing but money , nx profit efficiency driven organisation full stop.

It's a business and Dean Finch has shareholders / the City to keep happy, it's not a charity.

If not enough people use the routes when they are there, I don't see how they can complain when they are withdrawn  ???

The figure I have been given for usage along Lodgefield Road and Station Road in Old Hill is an average of 44 per day.  Centro have said that they can't create a new tendered service along this route given that level of usage.
Don't suppose you know the figures for Coppice Lane, Quarry Road/St Anne's Road?
What figures are needed for anew tendered service?

There's the 217, which is a tendered service. Look at it this way, the 217 should carry more than the threshold to remain after October. But if there were more frequent NX services going down there, the 217 might have been withdrawn come October due to lack  of use.

Roy

To answer a few questions.

The Centro document regarding subsidised bus services reads :-
There will be a change to Subsidised Bus Access Standards.  The minimum number of passengers per journey will rise from 5 to 8 and the cost per journey will be reduced to a maximum of £1.60.  These new standards will be applied when the current contracts come to an end - starting from October 2014.

I was forwarded an email reply from Centro regarding Lodgefield Road by somebody who actually asked why the service was being withdrawn.  I do not have the figures for St Annes Road as that question was not asked.  However, the reply does say that to set up a brand-new subsidised service would require about 150 passengers per day.

the trainbasher

@Andrew they're quick at moaning about councils and parking yet slow when it comes to buses...usually

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Sh4318

Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Roy

It's now nearly a fortnight since significant changes were made to the 127 and 205 routes, yet you still can't get the new timetable booklets.  Isn't it time Centro got their act together ?

Westy

Quote from: Roy on July 31, 2014, 02:23:54 PM
It's now nearly a fortnight since significant changes were made to the 127 and 205 routes, yet you still can't get the new timetable booklets.  Isn't it time Centro got their act together ?

Not Centro admittedly,  but why did Whittle's put their timetable booklet in Wolverhampton Travel Shop when they have no routes there?

They should have put them in Stourbridge instead!

s94

Another article in the Express and star on Saturday about these changes.

Over 100 have signed a petition against the changes.

hartshill busman 724210

I know the staffing situation at Centro is pants.The axe finally caught up with Centro. Many largely untrained certainly inexperienced people dealing with unfamiliar stuff.Its a wonder the tender documents went out on time it`s that bad.

s94

Quote from: hartshill busman 724210 on August 11, 2014, 12:14:40 PM
I know the staffing situation at Centro is pants.The axe finally caught up with Centro. Many largely untrained certainly inexperienced people dealing with unfamiliar stuff.Its a wonder the tender documents went out on time it`s that bad.
Are you suggesting some of the changes made recently have not been fairly made? Have they been rushed, inappropriately considered?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk