News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Was Service 16B a 'Ghost' Service?

Started by CL, August 08, 2014, 05:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

I'm sure there was a 16B service at one point. Same service as the 16A practically. Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but once, I remember my ticket being issued, and when I looked at the bus service part of the ticket, it clearly said 16B instead of 16A, as the journey was a 16A...

Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Steveminor

I think the 16 was a birmingham coach company derivative that operated via aston university

CL

It was operated by Diamond a few years back. The bottom part said 'St. Pauls' if I remember correctly. Not sure if it was an extended journey to Walsall, St. Pauls, or the school... Not even sure if there was a St. Pauls school beyond Handsworth...

notepanel

I thought there was a short lived 16B service, probably around 2007/2008ish, operated by NXWM/TWM which operated to/from or via the Markets.

Matt.N0056

CL

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on August 09, 2014, 10:39:36 PM
Did GRS not start off with a 16B?

I think they were originally a 16A service operator only. Back when I'd say the 16A were rare... (from my perspective) - now it's 16A here and there...

Matt.N0056

Quote from: clayderman on August 09, 2014, 10:48:34 PM
Quote from: Matt.N0056 on August 09, 2014, 10:39:36 PM
Did GRS not start off with a 16B?

I think they were originally a 16A service operator only. Back when I'd say the 16A were rare... (from my perspective) - now it's 16A here and there...

Didnt really pay too much attention back then!  :o I know they did a variant of the 16 though!

sonic84

I seem to remember that back when the 16 used to do the city loop serving Corporation Street, The Markets and Moor Street & Upper Bull Street, there were some service which didn't do the full loop and went direct from Corporation Street to Upper Bull Street.  I thought it was those journeys that were numbered 16B.... but I may be wrong.

Kevin

Quote from: sonic84 on August 10, 2014, 12:45:58 PM
I seem to remember that back when the 16 used to do the city loop serving Corporation Street, The Markets and Moor Street & Upper Bull Street, there were some service which didn't do the full loop and went direct from Corporation Street to Upper Bull Street.  I thought it was those journeys that were numbered 16B.... but I may be wrong.

The 16A used to do Scott Arms - Hamstead - Hockley - city and terminate at bull street without doing the loop, I *think* the 16B was a Scott Arms journey that DID do the loop round the markets
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Lukeee

Pretty sure your right there, the 16A did the city loop and followed the 16 route up till the old Walsall road then went straight up to Scott arms whereas the 16B was the 16 route without the loop of the city

Kevin

Quote from: Lukeee on August 10, 2014, 03:07:45 PM

Pretty sure your right there, the 16A did the city loop and followed the 16 route up till the old Walsall road then went straight up to Scott arms whereas the 16B was the 16 route without the loop of the city

Well, other way round, but never mind ;)
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk