News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Paintshop or Livery Redevelopment

Started by CL, July 31, 2014, 11:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

Ok, I think it's safe to say we all agree on the uniformity of the NXWM Livery, which, previously was very low. But with the newer E400s, it's slowly progressing. Now, the picture of 4763 on the 997 (from the main site) is a brilliant example of what i'm trying to explain.

http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4700-4879/4763.html

Let's get straight to the point, these days, it's horrible. The faded screenwash panels are terrible. Don't get me wrong, when firstly repainted (on service 993) the shiny paint looked fantastic. Now, I know it's a bit too soon for this, but personally I would like to see a new livery, possibly a start with the new ADL buses, I don't know: They could could use some of the Training Vehicles to see which they might look better...

Maybe their livery wouldn't be so bad had Stagecoach bought the company, then again, it'll just be Stagecoach, wouldn't it?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

winston

Quote from: clayderman on July 31, 2014, 11:49:09 AM
Ok, I think it's safe to say we all agree on the uniformity of the NXWM Livery, which, previously was very low. But with the newer E400s, it's slowly progressing. Now, the picture of 4763 on the 997 (from the main site) is a brilliant example of what i'm trying to explain.

http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4700-4879/4763.html

Let's get straight to the point, these days, it's horrible. The faded screenwash panels are terrible. Don't get me wrong, when firstly repainted (on service 993) the shiny paint looked fantastic. Now, I know it's a bit too soon for this, but personally I would like to see a new livery, possibly a start with the new ADL buses, I don't know: They could could use some of the Training Vehicles to see which they might look better...

Maybe their livery wouldn't be so bad had Stagecoach bought the company, then again, it'll just be Stagecoach, wouldn't it?

To be fair using the E400 example in the photograph, a simple partial repaint of just the red would make a dramatic improvement in appearance & provide an interim measure prior to its next full repaint/refurb.

It would have been standard Stagecoach livery, which thankfully they never took over. To be honest I've seen pictures of an Stagecoach E400 MMC and the styling is lost within the Stagecoach livery, where as the single colours on the ADL demonstrators highlight the lines of the bodywork & styling features much better.

Liberator9

The 2010/2011 red repaints faded very quickly - the paint they've used since 2012 has been excellent - brighter and not fading. The new Enviro 400s such as those at BC are still looking very smart, the repainted Enviro 400s at YW, the 2013 Trident repaints, and the Scania repaints at BY/PB are smart as well.

CL

Well, Winston has a valid point about the partial repaint. I guess that could work. And, Liberator9, I can understand. The 2012+ vehicles do look nice to date. I agree their uniformity of the logo placement and red livery are very identical. I think the worst NX liveries (imo) out their may well be the PE (PN) E400s, many on here have said they can identify the buses due to every little detail being adjusted slightly (i.e. back of seats, logo placement, etc...)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

Quote from: clayderman on July 31, 2014, 05:02:13 PM
Well, Winston has a valid point about the partial repaint. I guess that could work. And, Liberator9, I can understand. The 2012+ vehicles do look nice to date. I agree their uniformity of the logo placement and red livery are very identical. I think the worst NX liveries (imo) out their may well be the PE (PN) E400s, many on here have said they can identify the buses due to every little detail being adjusted slightly (i.e. back of seats, logo placement, etc...)

Not many, just one 'ex'

Justin Tyme

With the rate of repainting at present, it may not be many months before 4763 and faded batchmates are repainted.

I agree that repaints since 2012 have been particularly good and are lasting well.  The transformation of the early Enviro 400s when repainted, from "tired toothpaste" to virtually "as new", is impressive.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk