News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Help!

Started by Bob, February 15, 2015, 02:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

In a couple of weeks ive got to go on training in brum. I'll be getting the X51 from cannock,  what I need to know is where do you catch the 80 in the city centre now? It used to be corporation st last time I got it. Does it still serve bath row ? And do any other routes go up bath row?

Liberator9

@Bob

Hi Bob - The 80 goes from Birmingham New Street - you'll need to walk from Bull Street (where the X51 unloads/loads) to New Street. It's stop NS3, which is the first stop on the left when you come from under the Bull Ring underpass. I think it still does go along Bath Row.

This is quite useful

Bob

New st I thought that was at the bottom of corporation st? Which way do I need to walk? :)

Liberator9

You'll need to get off the X51 in Bull Street. When you get off the bus, turn left to head down towards the bottom of Bull Street. You should see a McDonalds at the bottom. Turn right here onto the High Street. You should pass a line of buses on the 6/37/5 on the left coming up past the Marks and Spencers. Continue towards the Bull outside the Bull Ring. To the right of the Bull is a set of steps leading down towards New Street station. Head down these steps. Then turn left at the bottom of the steps and cross over the road; best to use the crossing lights as it's fairly busy with buses going up and down the road. The 80 stop should be the first one on the left; ie the first one the buses come to after coming out of the underpass.

Hope that helps  ;)

the trainbasher

The 98/99 stop o/s the Square Peg and they go to Bath Row/Five Ways Station.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bob

Thanks guys I suffer from autism so I nneed to know exactly what im doing where im going etc other wise id be majorly stressed out /melt down!

Liberator9

No problem - any more questions please feel free to ask  :)

Bob

I think I know where those steps are now they sort of bring you out by the old front of new st where the taxis pick u up from don't they? My dad was telling me today he heard about a woman getting stabbed by a syringe needle at new st stn recently by a random guy. Bloody hell!

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Bob on February 15, 2015, 04:02:12 PM
I think I know where those steps are now they sort of bring you out by the old front of new st where the taxis pick u up from don't they? My dad was telling me today he heard about a woman getting stabbed by a syringe needle at new st stn recently by a random guy. Bloody hell!

Yeah. Although that's closed off now for pavement relaying.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk