News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

ADL E200 major model change

Started by winston, May 08, 2014, 10:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Liberator9 on May 30, 2014, 09:53:37 PM
The 56 reg B7RLE (wright eclipse urban 1) models would be much better than both the Enviro 200s and the newer B7RLEs. The 12 reg B7RLEs aren't that bad; ride smoothly and the one I rode yesterday didn't rattle much at all, with the engine lifeless, but quiet; so beats the E200s.

Euro6 has more of this to come.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Liberator9

Oh great
Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 31, 2014, 04:06:00 PM
Quote from: Liberator9 on May 30, 2014, 09:53:37 PM
The 56 reg B7RLE (wright eclipse urban 1) models would be much better than both the Enviro 200s and the newer B7RLEs. The 12 reg B7RLEs aren't that bad; ride smoothly and the one I rode yesterday didn't rattle much at all, with the engine lifeless, but quiet; so beats the E200s.

Euro6 has more of this to come.

@Liverpool Street

Oh great...They sound really dead for an engine; same with the Johnsons Scanias - have a lifeless ZF in ocmparison to the Nx Scanias.

Liverpool Street

@Liberator9 - I know right!? I think the Eurocrats will do anything to eliminate anything fun in our society. I don't believe in Global Warming so can I have my Gardners back please?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Mike K

Whilst I'd agree that the later B7RLEs are a bit sluggish, due presumably to the set up (the 56 reg ones seem more lively), from a passenger perspective they are pretty good - smooth, quiet and generally rattle free. The Enviro 200s seem of inferior quality and sound like hair dryers. It's a pity we'll have ADL single decker rattle boxes to look forward to for the foreseeable, rather than the Wright / Volvo B8RLE.

Roy

Quote from: Bob on May 30, 2014, 01:18:50 PM
Are streetlites really so bad then? Some people have said theyre really horrendous and others have said positive stuff about them. I can only go on the YouTube videos ive seen,  they seem really really noisy and rattly. Cant see, with all the noise how they can make for a pleasant bus to travel on on locals let alone premium ( ahem, inverted commas) service.  One things for sure though theyre incredibly ugly!

I have travelled on 10 different First Bristol 63-reg Streetlites in the last six months.  The seats are awful, the ride is very uncomfortable and they rattle continuously.  On the 8/9 route that serves Temple Meads, they have replaced 06-reg Darts and I must say (begrudgingly) that the Darts were far superior buses.  On another route (24), the local paper has reported that people are complaining about the high number of cancellations on the route due to breakdowns since the new buses were introduced.  On this route, they replaced 09-reg E200's.

Yesterday, I travelled down to Bristol on a train that is nearly 40 years old but is almost as superb today as it was when it was built.  Therefore, to transfer onto a 6-month old bus that had a major engine problem, sounded really sick and shook more than usual was a shock.  This bus felt and sounded as if it was ready for the knacker's yard.  The 09-reg Wessex E200 that I later caught was superior in every aspect, despite its own faults.

The "good" news for the people of Bristol is that they are due to get another batch of these nails in the near future.

Bob

Theyll fit in at cannock then if they break down regularly theyll be like part of the family aha

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk