News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NXWM & Midland to co-operate on the 10 route

Started by Tony, May 11, 2012, 05:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

NXWM and Midland are to each start selling their own returns on the 10 route in Wolverhampton, but in a bit of cooperation they are to accept each others tickets for the return journey.

Under competition rules they are not allowed to tell each other the price they are selling them at until it comes into operation so the prices may differ from each company

D10

Yet again a brilliant idea is potentially let down by stupid laws with each company possibly charging different fares! I expect this would qualify as a "cartel" if they discussed prices.

Discodave

At last Nxwm working with somone insted of trying to smash you off the road many times as driver and passenger a NX bus has tried to take me out just because i was doing my job picking up people (may have been a competetor but not even competing on there route) and taking them to where they want to go and this has been witnessed by inspectors at stops and nothing was ever done so bully boy behaviour must be accepted by nx bosses glad I am rid of the buses as at least lorry drivers whomever we work for try to help each other out if we can.

Discodave

will the cooperation still exist now midland are Arriva

andy

Quote from: Discodave on May 15, 2012, 11:28:31 AM
At last Nxwm working with somone insted of trying to smash you off the road many times as driver and passenger a NX bus has tried to take me out just because i was doing my job picking up people (may have been a competetor but not even competing on there route) and taking them to where they want to go and this has been witnessed by inspectors at stops and nothing was ever done so bully boy behaviour must be accepted by nx bosses glad I am rid of the buses as at least lorry drivers whomever we work for try to help each other out if we can.

Interesting Dave they must be a bit more competitive in the Black Country! When I was on 110's I used to find the opposite, I would pull onto Sutton Parade to find 2 or 3 TWM sitting up by McDonalds so I would go straight to the stand and load and keep going, then as i was approaching the Yenton they could be seen tucked in behind me in no hurry to get round! Same in town if they could get away with it too! In the days of NBB on the 104X, that was a different matter they would break their necks to get round you at a stop, I had one nearly take a pedestrian out once just trying to get round me.

I was also a transport supervisor in a regional distribution centre with 25 loading bays and believe me when I had 40 trucks in and only 25 bays HGV drivers would sell each other's grandmothers!

Discodave

problem is when i put up that comment the karma brigade start slagging me off and think NXWM are god and the best and trust me they are not.  Yes they are a lot of cowboy companies but I cared for my passengers and if people wanted to get on my bus fine if not I would over take and carry on if people wanted to get on then ok its then when the nxwm bus gets back infront they brake delibratly when you get close jump red lights etc the people whom slag off smaller companies as un professional should try looking at the big boys they can be as bad not saying all are like that but it happens

PM

Agree with Dave(again)-nxwm do try to bully the smaller operators-ive seen diamond 50s deliberately blocked in and the same with the 16 when it used to be on corporation street-b7tl parked with reaqr out loading at stop so diamond bus couldnt overtake. So unfair-they behave in a predatory and unfair way towards companies such as diamond and action should be taken.

Tony

Quote from: Peter123 on August 28, 2012, 03:40:56 PM
Agree with Dave(again)-nxwm do try to bully the smaller operators-ive seen diamond 50s deliberately blocked in and the same with the 16 when it used to be on corporation street-b7tl parked with reaqr out loading at stop so diamond bus couldnt overtake. So unfair-they behave in a predatory and unfair way towards companies such as diamond and action should be taken.

NXWM don't bully other operators in that way. Certain drivers do take it upon themselves to do it though

j789

Have to say NXWM are fine in my experience, no probs along Bristol road etc. As for saying Diamond are bullied by others, having seen them in Worcester and on the 144 I would suggest that it was them who liked to block you in and always trying to get on the stop first. I'm sure in any company there are people who are over competitive but some companies are worse than others. Even though the worse ones I saw were the company that used to run the 63 with old darts, I got undertaken (!!) more than once just so they could get in front. Absoloutely shocking driving and never a police car about when needed.

PM

The reason nxwm never block the 144's in is because theyre so useless anyway. Rude drivers that I have seen virtually crash on 2 occasions that quibble passes, scowl and deliberately drive past ppl who are at the right stop and waving their hands. Completely hopeless!!!!!

danny

I agree on the 144, i was waiting at rubery morrisons for a bus into town quicktime, as an enviro 300 aproched i signalled with my bus pass in my hand, wtf, it was a nbus and are valid on first within the boundary, can honastly say i wor impressed lol
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

vinh1000

Quote from: danny on August 28, 2012, 11:36:07 PM
I agree on the 144, i was waiting at rubery morrisons for a bus into town quicktime, as an enviro 300 aproched i signalled with my bus pass in my hand, wtf, it was a nbus and are valid on first within the boundary, can honastly say i wor impressed lol
I always try catch 144 into town from Northfield or Bristol Road and good every time (always at least 3 mins late)
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

nx4737

Quote from: D10 on May 11, 2012, 09:13:24 PM
Yet again a brilliant idea is potentially let down by stupid laws with each company possibly charging different fares! I expect this would qualify as a "cartel" if they discussed prices.

So if NX decide to charge more without knowing what Midland are charging, is there anything stopping either company adjusting there price as soon as they find out?

Note - NX charging more was an example, I have no idea of who charges what...

Discodave

Quote from: danny on August 28, 2012, 11:36:07 PM

Arriva do that too and they want to expand in the Midlands not with that behaviour but usually its a cannock operated service

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk