News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

MCW Metrobus News

Started by horsencart, November 02, 2012, 09:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Quote from: Rob4367 on May 12, 2013, 10:04:40 PM
I'll join that facebook page tomorrow ;) It's Great to see another MkI Metrobus in preservation

Yeah just sent a request to join meself, seen it crop up somewhere else before but never thought to join at the time
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

nitromatt1

To be honest the "MCW Metrobus" group is 99% old men posting photos of endless Metrobuses on long gone routes and talking to themselves about how much better everything was 20 years ago. I left that group but am still in the the tribute group as it's not so bad, less posts and more relevant, plus there's one or two people in the other group who you want to avoid

Kevin

Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 12, 2013, 10:18:37 PM
To be honest the "MCW Metrobus" group is 99% old men posting photos of endless Metrobuses on long gone routes and talking to themselves about how much better everything was 20 years ago. I left that group but am still in the the tribute group as it's not so bad, less posts and more relevant, plus there's one or two people in the other group who you want to avoid

...the tribute one was the one I meant, only ever knew the wm ones so seemed pointless joining a generic one for all of them
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

nitromatt1

Quote from: Kevin on May 12, 2013, 10:27:26 PM

...the tribute one was the one I meant, only ever knew the wm ones so seemed pointless joining a generic one for all of them

Yeah that's the one I'd go for. One of many reasons I left the other one is that most of the content was completely irrelevant to me, very little West Midlands related stuff

Gareth

:'( 33, and now officially an old man.

It's not that bad to be honest. There is also the new younger crowd on there and the young lads who own 2557 and 2205 post a lot on there too. Remember though, it's not to all tastes. Even though there is heavy WM content, it is an MCW Metrobus group. Lots of other operators too.

Buz89

I can see 3116 from my window been sitting there for while now its in all white with tinted windows.

Ashley 4569

3116 was still parked in the yard of the taxi firm on saturday, pondering knocking on thir door and asking for a viewing

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

lynx1103

Gareth

Nice to see it finally moved from its parking space after around two years!

Ashley

TC Cars do use 3116 but nobody can vouch for it but I know it's been parked in various positions in the time it's been there.

In other news, Zara Travel 3118 is believed withdrawn as it has sustained accident damage of some kind.

And finally, is anybody going on the Metro tour next month with Roberts, Hugglescote?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk