News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus Manufacturer's Websites (and e-Shops)

Started by CL, January 25, 2015, 07:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

Just had a look at the Alexander Dennis site, and I noticed an E-Shop window. Here's a link: (Mainly products with logo on them)
http://www.alexanderdenniseshop.com/

(Original Site)
http://www.alexander-dennis.com/

It got me thinking, what if these e-Shops had some 'model buses' - y'know, for enthusiasts... For example, they could stock some 'demo' vehicles, like CMNL's White Demonstrator Vehicle: http://www.modelbuszone.co.uk/cmnl/dd/6000/ukbus6010.htm

Of course, as a bus manufacturer, real buses are their priority, but it's just a thought.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Ronnoc

Wow! Just wow
http://www.enviro200.com/
The video is a total lie, hardly anybody on here has had a good time on that rubbish.

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Liverpool Street

@ronnoc1k8 - why does NXWM have the worst E200's going then? Have they skimpt on our quality to save NX cash?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Liberator9

The Enviro 200s seem to differ from bus to bus. Rode 808 once and enjoyed my ride on it. Had some power and suspension worked as it should. Didn't rattle much either. 761 on the 654 was a fast thing, but seemed to make a loud thud whenever it hid a pothole. Rode a Transdev Enviro 200 in York in December - not the greatest bus. Suspension was hard riding at times, certainly on road bumps. Making that weird loud sound as well which I've heard on one of the BC versions. When I have time I'll have to sample a few of the WN versions on the 27 - having had B6s and Endurances on that, I'll be able to compare pretty well.

PM

Quote from: Liberator9 on January 26, 2015, 09:51:09 PM
The Enviro 200s seem to differ from bus to bus. Rode 808 once and enjoyed my ride on it. Had some power and suspension worked as it should. Didn't rattle much either. 761 on the 654 was a fast thing, but seemed to make a loud thud whenever it hid a pothole. Rode a Transdev Enviro 200 in York in December - not the greatest bus. Suspension was hard riding at times, certainly on road bumps. Making that weird loud sound as well which I've heard on one of the BC versions. When I have time I'll have to sample a few of the WN versions on the 27 - having had B6s and Endurances on that, I'll be able to compare pretty well.

Transdev York have some enviro200 bodied MANs, which could explain the difference?

mranon

the new ones wn have are shocking. i wouldnt like to drive one all day. dont know whether its the voith box, or the engine but they seem sluggish and gears change far to quickly. after sampling a few each time with a different driver they all seem the same, and getting a smooth stop seems to be difficult. i have travelled on one with the allison box which seemed better, but have yet to find one with the zf ecolife to compare. ill be interested to find out after reading route one, how midland classic find theirs with the automated manual zf box.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: mranon on January 26, 2015, 10:15:43 PM
the new ones wn have are shocking. i wouldnt like to drive one all day. dont know whether its the voith box, or the engine but they seem sluggish and gears change far to quickly. after sampling a few each time with a different driver they all seem the same, and getting a smooth stop seems to be difficult. i have travelled on one with the allison box which seemed better, but have yet to find one with the zf ecolife to compare. ill be interested to find out after reading route one, how midland classic find theirs with the automated manual zf box.

Automated Manual Transmission? Like on the Volvo Hybrids?! Pfffffft
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk