News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diversion in Wolverhampton.

Started by P419 EJW, February 24, 2014, 01:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P419 EJW

Buses that goes through Lichfield Road, Wolverhampton by Art Gallery are being re-routed to Stafford Road, turn left to Ring Road, then I assume turning left to Waterloo Road then back on their routes (and vice versa for reverse direction). It was weird to see (WA)69 passing Stafford Road and turning left! There seems to be road works in Lichfield Road. I have no idea how long this will be. I apologise in advance for not being useful. I only have seen this while walking to the university.

Roy

Centro and NXWM have recently posted the diversions.

http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/ServiceAlterations/RoadworksandEvents/QueenSquareWolverhampton.aspx

http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/temporary-diversions/wolverhampton-queen-square

According to the Express and Star, the works in Queen Square will take until 9 March and will be followed by 4 weeks of works in Victoria Street.

P419 EJW

Thanks, Roy, you're a lifesaver! I was looking for that kind of information on networkwestmidlands.co.uk on my phone but couldn't find it myself.

NXWM Spectra

To confirm, the diversion for routes along the Tettenhall Road or Compton Road is-
Chapel Ash, Ring Road, Stafford Street and back to normal route.

P419 EJW

I can't believe how many people are thick. They don't read the papers that are taped on the window of the "unavailable" bus stops in town... When I was on the way to university after a lunch break, I saw about, like, 8 people altogether waiting. I had an urge to go over and explain to them about the diversion. They were like "Ohhh, I didn't know, thanks, darling." "Oh, where do I have to go?" The bloody papers gave clear instructions.

I just find it funny that people are standing there and watching the buses going in different directions, why not they think "Maybe I should go there..." It's not hard to use the brain to find common sense to: read the papers or walk to where the specified bus is heading to...

Urgh... x_x

notepanel

Quote from: P419 EJW on February 25, 2014, 06:15:33 PM
I can't believe how many people are thick. They don't read the papers that are taped on the window of the "unavailable" bus stops in town... When I was on the way to university after a lunch break, I saw about, like, 8 people altogether waiting. I had an urge to go over and explain to them about the diversion. They were like "Ohhh, I didn't know, thanks, darling." "Oh, where do I have to go?" The bloody papers gave clear instructions.

I just find it funny that people are standing there and watching the buses going in different directions, why not they think "Maybe I should go there..." It's not hard to use the brain to find common sense to: read the papers or walk to where the specified bus is heading to...

Urgh... x_x

People can be unbelievably stupid at times. I remember the once a police car was blocking Lichfield Road in Mere Green from the island, due to an accident further up.  Whilst I appreciate passengers probably wouldn't have been aware of the emergency diversion route, it was very obvious the bus wouldn't be serving the bus stop outside Somerfield. Yet there were still several people waiting for the bus there. 

Liverpool Street

Quote from: notepanel on February 25, 2014, 08:23:32 PM

Urgh... x_x

People can be unbelievably stupid at times. I remember the once a police car was blocking Lichfield Road in Mere Green from the island, due to an accident further up.  Whilst I appreciate passengers probably wouldn't have been aware of the emergency diversion route, it was very obvious the bus wouldn't be serving the bus stop outside Somerfield. Yet there were still several people waiting for the bus there. 

Exactly the same as when Selly Oak was closed off some many months ago; The buses to city were turning left into Weoley Park Road, and any sane minded person would walk up when the driver shouted to them to come up! But no, stood there they did.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Tony

Quote from: Liverpool Street on February 25, 2014, 08:28:30 PM

Urgh... x_x

Exactly the same as when Selly Oak was closed off some many months ago; The buses to city were turning left into Weoley Park Road, and any sane minded person would walk up when the driver shouted to them to come up! But no, stood there they did.

I've been stood in Birmingham City Centre when major diversions have been on and walked up to queues to tell them no buses are running from the stop they are waiting at, but some still stand there.

There were no trains running between Walsall & Birmingham today because of cable vandalism. I caught the X51 to Walsall where trains were running between there and Rugeley. The conductor had a very difficult task getting people off the arriving train at Walsall which I caught back.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on February 25, 2014, 08:47:19 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on February 25, 2014, 08:28:30 PM

Urgh... x_x

I've been stood in Birmingham City Centre when major diversions have been on and walked up to queues to tell them no buses are running from the stop they are waiting at, but some still stand there.

There were no trains running between Walsall & Birmingham today because of cable vandalism. I caught the X51 to Walsall where trains were running between there and Rugeley. The conductor had a very difficult task getting people off the arriving train at Walsall which I caught back.

Did you post that on Twitter as well? I think you did?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

DOC37V

Quote from: Roy on February 24, 2014, 01:38:46 PM
Centro and NXWM have recently posted the diversions.

http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/ServiceAlterations/RoadworksandEvents/QueenSquareWolverhampton.aspx

http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/temporary-diversions/wolverhampton-queen-square

According to the Express and Star, the works in Queen Square will take until 9 March and will be followed by 4 weeks of works in Victoria Street.

Replacement of old Victorian brick built sewer if anyone is interested  :D
Preserving a bit of West Midlands heritage with 1037 and 1849.

Trident 4609

And after Queen Square is reopened, Victoria St will then be plagued with weeks of Roadworks (Sewr Repairs again?) causing more diversions and disruption

the trainbasher

Quote from: Nathan on February 25, 2014, 10:04:00 PM
And after Queen Square is reopened, Victoria St will then be plagued with weeks of Roadworks (Sewr Repairs again?) causing more diversions and disruption

Don't you love One set of people digging up the road, fixing it and another company digging it up again...gotta love New Roads and Street Works Act 1991...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

DOC37V

Quote from: Nathan on February 25, 2014, 10:04:00 PM

Assume so as the sewer in question runs down from Queen Square into Victoria Street and is somewhat kaput.
Preserving a bit of West Midlands heritage with 1037 and 1849.

Trident 4609

Quuen Square has now reopened. All buses back to Normal Line of Route

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk