News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arriva Bus Fares to rise

Started by Trident 4609, March 30, 2014, 04:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Fair play but if the n bus was extended to cannock like it is to other staffs areas arrivas tickets would be finished and youd be able to get to brum without paying twice!

PM

I'm sorry but Arriva not having a WM only day ticket is a complete and utter failure. Hanson's, Diamond, NX all seem to manage to have one but I cannot believe Arriva honestly think people will shell out just for their all-network ticket. Diamond have a non-WM network, like Arriva, but do not force WM passengers to pay network prices for the day

Bob

Yea but don't forget out of desperation for their failing routes they allow nx passes with a 50p charge lol

Tony

Quote from: bwsau cymru on April 02, 2014, 09:34:58 PM
Quote from: bob on April 02, 2014, 09:26:36 PM
Ypu can get from cannock to Bedworth with a nx daysaver for four quid. Most people that buy them arent going halfway across the midlands so it works out more than 50% more than nx daysaver.

lol!!! I like your journey idea but some how I cant see anyone doing that. The key point is arriva have the biggest geographical operating company. Up until recently they have not been the most expensive for a network ticket (diamond £6.20). you would logically expect the biggest network to charge a little extra. and I think 20p is not bad as it was frozen last year. What I did think was wrong was the increase from £5.20 to £6.

BUT what we all must remember is that the bus no matter what operator still is the cheapest option compared to other modes such as car, taxi, train or coach!

But the bus ins't the cheapest option! Cannock to Walsall return after 9.30 is £3.10, and while Bob's listed journey is extreme and unlikely to be used so are most long journeys on Arriva buses that are available with their tickets

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk