News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus Driving Experience Days...

Started by M3troBake1979, January 06, 2014, 11:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M3troBake1979

Okay everyone... so it seems there's a track or flight experience day available for most things out there if you really look. Back in the day, and probably even now, the "Golden Book of Dreams" company beginning with A, ending in S used to do such events for a price. Nowadays with the ease of access online, there are many options for fulfilling the petrol-head dream....

Now...

Bus driving experiences!!

Do you think I can find anything of the sort in my quest to quench the thirst to drive a double decker? Okay... well, there IS perhaps one or two who for a fee, have some vintage Routemasters or DM9's? But going by my user id, you can all guess what I want to test drive, right ;)

So - does anyone have any contacts of someone - someone who can help? I have a bog standard car licence, nothing else.

Thanks for reading!

nitromatt1

Would any experience days be available for those not yet in posession of a car license?

trident4370

Quote from: Matt on January 26, 2014, 12:54:45 AM
Would any experience days be available for those not yet in posession of a car license?

If only!

Sh4318

Quote from: M3troBake1979 on January 06, 2014, 11:38:15 PM
Okay everyone... so it seems there's a track or flight experience day available for most things out there if you really look. Back in the day, and probably even now, the "Golden Book of Dreams" company beginning with A, ending in S used to do such events for a price. Nowadays with the ease of access online, there are many options for fulfilling the petrol-head dream....

Now...

Bus driving experiences!!

Do you think I can find anything of the sort in my quest to quench the thirst to drive a double decker? Okay... well, there IS perhaps one or two who for a fee, have some vintage Routemasters or DM9's? But going by my user id, you can all guess what I want to test drive, right ;)

So - does anyone have any contacts of someone - someone who can help? I have a bog standard car licence, nothing else.

Thanks for reading!

That would be something I'd love to do :P. Doubt it would be available though
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

John

There was someone advertising a day driving an ex-London Trident off road on ebay a while ago. I can not remember the price, or how far away from Birmingham it was, but they are done

vinh1000

Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk