News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Setting down only

Started by JoNi, February 27, 2014, 02:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoNi

Saw a B7 in Coventry displaying "set down only"
Do electronic destinations at other NX garages have this display and has anyone seen it used recently?

John

I think only the 11 Outer Circle and the 50 use that as well. Have not seen it used for a while now

richie

PN have Sorry! not in service and then it alternates between alighting only

Rob H

Quote from: richie on February 27, 2014, 02:57:50 PM
PN have Sorry! not in service and then it alternates between alighting only

I've seen YW display that on the 6 & 50 aswell :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Stu

Yes, I used to see it done on the YW 6 before, though I'm sure the display used to just show 'Unload only'. Sure I've seen it done on the 11 and 37 also.

One way of making up time if a bus is late, rather than turning the bus short.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Mike K

Definitely seems to be most commonly used on the 11 which doesn't offer the same opportunities for turning short as other routes.

Matt.N0056

Im sure once or twice I've seen a 'Bus Full' destination - followed by 'Unload Only'!

Steveminor

Cardiff bus darts have a switch on the dash that says bus full. When pressed this will quickly flash "bus full" on the destination before going back to the route number. A very good idea  I think as it means the driver can leave the route number up in case people want to alight in which case he could pick up. If not then he can quickly inform the waiting passengers he's full

Ben

Does anybody know have any pictures of this or know where there are any online? I'd like to see this :)

Liberator9

Had the 07:27 Solihull to Kings Heath 76E have the unload only display on the other week as well. The Trident as usual was full up by Haunch Lane so just driving past stops with that message on. Also had the advantage of stopping people as always asking do you go to the Q.E Hospital on Kings Heath High Street; despite it says King Heath on the front destination blind!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk