News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Running Days

Started by Ashley, August 19, 2012, 11:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

Does anybody know of any bus running days or company depot open days happening during the rest of the year or where I could find out?

windy miller

Ashley. i seem to remember the aldridge bus museum saying they had something planned for september but no Idea what/when exactly. I personally hope to be off to crewe next saturday for an open-day rail event proceeds to various charities cost £10.50
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Ashley

windy miller

That charity event at Crewe I mentioned is on Sept 1st. the £10.50 admission covers entry to the rail heritage museum and all exhibits, plus a local half hourly bus trip/guided tour to the rail yards at Basford hall. proceeds to a local care home I believe. 8)

Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

BU07 LGO

I think a mass Dennis Trident gathering would be good with Tridents from all over the country :)

Quote from: BU07 LGO on August 25, 2012, 11:16:33 PM
I think a mass Dennis Trident gathering would be good with Tridents from all over the country :)
Amazing..As A kid going to rallys I longed for a 'Mass' Metrobus gathering but you only got the odd one in the latest livery from the current operator as they were 'Modern rubbish' look at them now.. A classic icon. I would wait for a bus to town and if it was a Fleetline I would stand back, let it pass and wait for the next hoping it was a Metro! No doubt eventually Tridents will become the same. I am not a Trident fan but Fleetline fans were not Metro fans in the main and I would never call anything 'Modern rubbish' as the very same 'modern rubbish' is the thing I loved then and still love now! it depends on what you grew up with I guess but for me that classic Metro/Gardener/Voith sound.....awesome!!!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Ashley

I grew up probably a few years too late but i'd always wait for a metrobus, let the 'modern rubbish' pass by. I miss them very much if im honest

BU07 LGO

Quote from: 4006 on August 26, 2012, 12:05:28 AM
Quote from: BU07 LGO on August 25, 2012, 11:16:33 PM
Amazing..As A kid going to rallys I longed for a 'Mass' Metrobus gathering but you only got the odd one in the latest livery from the current operator as they were 'Modern rubbish' look at them now.. A classic icon. I would wait for a bus to town and if it was a Fleetline I would stand back, let it pass and wait for the next hoping it was a Metro! No doubt eventually Tridents will become the same. I am not a Trident fan but Fleetline fans were not Metro fans in the main and I would never call anything 'Modern rubbish' as the very same 'modern rubbish' is the thing I loved then and still love now! it depends on what you grew up with I guess but for me that classic Metro/Gardener/Voith sound.....awesome!!!

Don't get me wrong I love the metrobuses and those old scania that used to be on the 50, Bristol road and pershore road routes (cant remember what theyre called?) but i think that Tridents will be an icon in the future. Look how much presence they have in the fleet and are the last of the square look bus generation!

windy miller

BU07 LGO.. A mass trident day? How about November 5th?...(ps bring some matches!! :) :)

PM

I too liked the scania n113d's and i remember they had really squeaky brakes!! Also liked the metros-occasionally made it onto bristol road and the lynxes used to be good on the old 35-thrash all the way to northfield. Also remember the b6s when quite new on the 44 and have fond memories of cathcing some of the Jubilee Line tridents which I thought were very modern considering in brum we missed out a generation of double decks-stuff new in 1980s/1990 but then nothing till 1999-i guess for london who had volvo olympians and royales in edinburgh etc the step cant have seemed as dramatic.

Ashley

Are any of the former West Midlands N113DRB's still active?

BU07 LGO

I think first have some?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk