News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Bromwich Outstation / Yard

Started by Ian Hardy, February 17, 2014, 05:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Hardy

Under the Lea Hall Garage sold threat, there was mention of the West Bromwich Outstation / Yard, does anyone know the proper address, street name / postcode / grid reference etc of the place and when it was opened.

As looking at Google, the site does not jump out.

Also the information will be passed to David Domin who produces a list of Garages and Outstations of Major Operators in Great Britain (MOG) in the Spring each year so that it can be included in the 2014 edition.

Many thanks
Ian Hardy

Tony

It is still the bottom of Oak Road, the old Stevenson's garage, where it has been since Stevenson's left the West Mdlands. I think it was originally coach operator Sealandair's depot, before Stevenson's bought them out

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ian Hardy

Tony & Stu,

Thanks very much for the info, my 2008 copy of the West Midlands A-Z has the police station in New Street so the comments about opposite the police station confused me as I did not know that it has moved into Oak Road.

Ian Hardy

Ian Hardy

Sorry to ask another question about Oak Road outstation, when did NXWM start using it?

Many thanks

Ian

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk