News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Old Body Damage?

Started by Liverpool Street, January 30, 2014, 10:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Looking at pictures on the main site, are there any other buses/companies which have the body damage like near all NXWM buses have? Even elderly Arriva buses are in better nick then BC's 12 plate B7rles.

Just interesting to hear your views on this.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 30, 2014, 10:25:25 AM
Looking at pictures on the main site, are there any other buses/companies which have the body damage like near all NXWM buses have? Even elderly Arriva buses are in better nick then BC's 12 plate B7rles.

I've noticed one of Hanson's E200's that I've seen frequently used on the 226 seems has had a fair bit of bodywork damage at the front/nearside & rear and has been like this for sometime, I haven't seen it since before Xmas so could have been repaired. I'm sure it is one of their allover white 60 plate examples 2600-2602?

Jay

Quote from: Winston on January 30, 2014, 10:55:55 AM

I've noticed one of Hanson's E200's that I've seen frequently used on the 226 seems has had a fair bit of bodywork damage at the front/nearside & rear and has been like this for sometime, I haven't seen it since before Xmas so could have been repaired. I'm sure it is one of their allover white 60 plate examples 2600-2602?

They are still about thanks to pat baker done all the damage to 2600, 2602 is on 226/X26 unless need some wear else like 250 228 etc etc etc
My The Force Be With You PN Garage

https://www.flickr.com/photos/train_nut/

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Winston on January 30, 2014, 10:55:55 AM

I just find it odd as I think it shows a poor company image with the shoddy repairs or its just left. I know some are left waiting for the insurance etc but still. Even with some nicks puttied in it hasn't been sanded. 2134 I think is the one I'm on about.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

BN

Starting from 2001 we are having a seriously good effort made on our B7's as they go through MOT. Check out 2001-2010 already.

Trident 4609

Quote from: BN on January 30, 2014, 04:45:10 PM
Starting from 2001 we are having a seriously good effort made on our B7's as they go through MOT. Check out 2001-2010 already.

Tbh I have never really noticed much body on WN's B7's compared to some at BC

Liverpool Street

Quote from: BN on January 30, 2014, 04:45:10 PM

Oh I'm not on about MOT failures, BN. I'm just talking purely about cosmetic damage or poorly repaired/replenished panels. Take note 4610's rear lower panels. I know the vehicles are old and used but I think that if a bit more time was spent on the repairs, then maybe full overhauls are not needed. On the subject of refurbs, the recent ones are truly astounding. Very high quality.
until it cought fire

mranon

i think bn meant that they are having a good go at sorting damage on b7rle's during the mot prep process. ive noticed wheels tidied up recently at wn, and several unusual workings on routes normally allocated b7rles. maybe the time needed to tidy them up is the reason mercs and b6's are appearing on the 4, 3 and 2 services?

Tony

Management do realise this and a start is being made, when was the last time you saw a Bordesley Scania in service with any form of body damage?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on January 30, 2014, 07:38:20 PM
Management do realise this and a start is being made, when was the last time you saw a Bordesley Scania in service with any form of body damage?

Tony, I'll keep a look out. (How often do I get near a Bordesley bus?)
until it cought fire

Liberator9

Rarely see any Scanias with body damage actually; BY, AG or YW. I'd say the presentation of the fleet in the last two years has improved dramatically with the refurbs and high maintenance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk