News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Off Topic End of Routemasters on route 9 in London

Started by JoNi, January 24, 2014, 06:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoNi

Leon Daniels has announced via his blog that Routemasters are likely to finish operating on route 9H this July details can be found at  leondaniels.blogspot.com

nitromatt1

Quote from: JoNi on January 24, 2014, 06:36:44 PM
Leon Daniels has announced via his blog that Routemasters are likely to finish operating on route 9H this July details can be found at  leondaniels.blogspot.com

Rats. Does this mean some RM's will be withdrawn, or shifted onto the 15?

Stuharris 6360

Not a surprise & although he is making a meal of them continuing on the 15H, mark my words, there days are very numbered to.

Interesting how he makes an announcement like this on his blog that it will happen, and then at the end of the article it says (The proposed change is subject to consultation and contractual arrangements).
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stuharris 6360

it appears they are going to select the best of the 19 remaining serviceable Routemasters for the 15 Matt & presumably retire the rest.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stuharris 6360

Anyone on this site who enjoys the old Routemasters in London and who wishes to have there say on the proposal to withdraw them from service 9H, then go to

https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/buses/route-9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk