News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Preserved Birmingham Standards

Started by Tony, November 21, 2013, 08:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Good news on two of these recently.
2827 is apparently near completion of a full restoration at Trailways, Bloxwich and should be putting in some appearances next year in WMPTE livery. Nice to see one of these being kept in the lighter PTE blue.

Yardley Wood Bus club have purchased the majority shareholding in unique 2847, the one with rear doors and saloon heaters. This one has also been out of the limelight for a long time and will take 12-18 months to get it back in tip top condition, but is a very nice addition to 3472.

Westy

Is Trailways near Fryers Road, as that's not far from me so if I see an old bus, least I'll know why it's there!

Tony

Quote from: Westy on November 21, 2013, 09:27:02 AM
Is Trailways near Fryers Road, as that's not far from me so if I see an old bus, least I'll know why it's there!

2 Fryers Rd, Walsall, West Midlands WS2 7LZ

horsencart

I

Quote from: Tony on November 21, 2013, 08:51:16 AM
2827 is apparently near completion of a full restoration at Trailways, Bloxwich and should be putting in some appearances next year in WMPTE livery. Nice to see one of these being kept in the lighter PTE blue.

Yardley Wood Bus club have purchased the majority shareholding in unique 2847, the one with rear doors and saloon heaters. This one has also been out of the limelight for a long time and will take 12-18 months to get it back in tip top condition, but is a very nice addition to 3472.

horsencart

I must dig out the footage of 2827 being driven around the container base (not Perry Barr) It was the day BaMMOT collected a Full Front bus from the container base  (I cannot remember who the bus ran with originally )   the footage includes Fred of course this must be rare ?

Quote from: Tony on November 21, 2013, 08:51:16 AM

Gareth

I believe 3009 at Wythall will be repainted into WMPTE livery too :-)

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Gareth on November 21, 2013, 02:46:29 PM

& there was me expecting it to emerge in BMMO livery.... ::)

settlerman

Quote from: Gareth on November 21, 2013, 02:46:29 PM

Whilst looking through vehicle registrations that are available I came across MOF 9. Surely a mistake.

Bob

Alrhough its not a standard, XON 41J was parked at wolverhampton bus station yesterday :) nice to see it

filbus1

2847 JOJ 847 is also hoped to be back on the road in the future. "The one with the doors" is complete and work to get it back to roadworthy condition should start in the new year.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk