News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Service 276

Started by Stuharris 6360, November 21, 2013, 06:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Saw a notice on the bus today saying that from 01 December 2013, they had completely revised the 276 to aid reliability.

They didn't say that they have cut the Sunday evening service by 50%, the 276 will now only be half hourly between Stourbridge & Wollaston with the Stourbridge to Dudley portion only being hourly.

Also despite it being a week and a half away, the timetables have been changed in some of the shelters. Confusing if you don't notice that it says "from 01 December" on the sheet!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

bususer12

Welcome to Mayhem when its sunday service over Xmas.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 21, 2013, 06:54:38 PM
Saw a notice on the bus today saying that from 01 December 2013, they had completely revised the 276 to aid reliability.

They didn't say that they have cut the Sunday evening service by 50%, the 276 will now only be half hourly between Stourbridge & Wollaston with the Stourbridge to Dudley portion only being hourly.

Also despite it being a week and a half away, the timetables have been changed in some of the shelters. Confusing if you don't notice that it says "from 01 December" on the sheet!

And odds it will still run late....

It needs to have the Wollaston - Stourbridge bit replaced with a route specifically for that section as the 276 is very unreliable around that area.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 21, 2013, 07:48:30 PM

have to agree with you there, Christmas before last i waited in the cold for a X96 for over an hour, when one did turn up it had Stourbridge on the front & would turn and go back to Dudley. I even kept an eye out for a 276 and they were doing the same.

Bring back the old 289/90 and even extend them round Wollaston Farm and then both the X96 and 276 could terminate at Stourbridge..

And odds it will still run late....

It needs to have the Wollaston - Stourbridge bit replaced with a route specifically for that section as the 276 is very unreliable around that area.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Sh4318

I'm not surprised, I can't imagine the 276 being very well used between Dudley, Merry Hill & Stourbridge after 5pm on Sundays, but then again, I don't live on the route, so I wouldn't know, here's the timetable ;):
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

s94

The 276 is certainly not badly used on a Sunday evening imo - probably deserves 15 min frequency at peaks like the X96! Would of thought the 30 min frequency should apply to Dudley to Stourbridge section than Stourbridge to Wollaston though. It isnt a huge change thankfully though probably could have waited till after Christmas.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk