News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Inspector

Started by vinh1000, October 07, 2013, 09:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinh1000

Hello there :-)

First time ever I encountered a Diamond inspector come on board and check all the tickets :-)

Anyone ever had this before?

Wonder what the standard fine is as he was by himself
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Steveminor

I've seen one before checking tickets. When he came across someone without a ticket he simply asked if the driver had issued one or not, so I think it's more about checking drivers rather than passengers

bwsau cymru

there used to be one who looked after the 301 in Walsall to (very nice chap too)! would love to see more inspectors out and about and hope maybe the could motivate drivers to compete more with nx, such as at west brom on the 4 not letting the nx bus go onto there stand first and then the diamond one follows. This really annoys me as then everyone who has nbus or consessionary passes just flocks over to the first bus that turns up.
campaigning for better transport for all

PM

Quote from: dannygill on November 10, 2013, 08:05:06 PM
there used to be one who looked after the 301 in Walsall to (very nice chap too)! would love to see more inspectors out and about and hope maybe the could motivate drivers to compete more with nx, such as at west brom on the 4 not letting the nx bus go onto there stand first and then the diamond one follows. This really annoys me as then everyone who has nbus or consessionary passes just flocks over to the first bus that turns up.

Yeah I agree-one was at long acre last year and according to a driver on the route, he showed them how to compete and takings on the 17/97/37/50/16 did rise-for a couple of weeks at least. After that, some drivers got lazy again and sat behind. It is very frustrating to watch though on the 4 with NX and diamond so frequent the chances are there will be a diamond/NX very close together. Having said that, I have been on 4 journies where a diamond was behind two nx's for a lot of the journey and it still had 20 people on by the time it reached walsall.

bwsau cymru

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 10, 2013, 08:17:12 PM

Yeah I agree-one was at long acre last year and according to a driver on the route, he showed them how to compete and takings on the 17/97/37/50/16 did rise-for a couple of weeks at least. After that, some drivers got lazy again and sat behind. It is very frustrating to watch though on the 4 with NX and diamond so frequent the chances are there will be a diamond/NX very close together. Having said that, I have been on 4 journies where a diamond was behind two nx's for a lot of the journey and it still had 20 people on by the time it reached walsall.

I haven't been on a busy 4 is ages!!!  rarely see above 10 people on it (which again is a shame)
campaigning for better transport for all

PM

Quote from: dannygill on November 10, 2013, 08:24:36 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on November 10, 2013, 08:17:12 PM

I haven't been on a busy 4 is ages!!!  rarely see above 10 people on it (which again is a shame)

Really? It seemed to pick up between May and the end of September when I was using it but are the loadings not as good on there now as they were. If so, thats a real shame and provides even more reasons for rotala to consider branding, advertising and rebuilding route presence.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk