News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Did the 82 used to go to Dudley?

Started by BU07 LGO, May 11, 2012, 01:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BU07 LGO

Hi, when i was a kid i have memories of ctaching MK1 metrobuses on the 82 home from Dudley, and they used to take ages and go up loads of steep backroads? Or am i confusing it with the 87?

wbdriver

it could be the old 88 you were thinking of, going up portway hill and regent road in tividale then going along north street into dudley (the current 205 route). i remember metrobuses on it as i used to go to the school on the road and seeing them, plus one of my old school mates used to catch it from his house and get off at st michaels school throne road and i am sure he said it was the 88 he caught.

hope this helps you.
an empty bus is a happy driver.

Roy

The 82 has been operating to Bearwood for at least the last 40 years.  In the 70's there was an 86 to Oldbury, which I think was a short working of the 87.

makkacdt

the 88 went from bham to dudley. Followed 87 route, then went via the merrivale, causeway green, in to blackheath, then to whiteheath, throne road, port way hill the dudley estates n in to the bus station.

THe route got curtled to blackheath running with 128/9 and then got stopped all together and replaced by 205 from bheath to dudley and 127 to bham.

Hope that helps.
I remember the 88 with lynxs on good old days.
Wouldnt mind a 10 min bus service....

ilovetea4370

Quote from: BU07 LGO on May 11, 2012, 01:24:44 AM
Hi, when i was a kid i have memories of ctaching MK1 metrobuses on the 82 home from Dudley, and they used to take ages and go up loads of steep backroads? Or am i confusing it with the 87?

Nice Signature btw ;)

BU07 LGO

Quote from: trident4370 on May 11, 2012, 02:02:24 PM
Nice Signature btw ;)

You know it :)! Yes it must have been the 88 i remember then! Used to take loads of steephills and feel like i was in india on it!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk