News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

eurostar

Started by windy miller, May 02, 2012, 08:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windy miller

I imagine there are a few people out there interested in eurostar? as they probably know the original 8 car east coast sets have been confined to french soil and have no tunnel permits.One exception here is the power car 3308,Which is presently at Temple Mills along with its half-set. What I would like to know is this -IS this half set visible from the main line at Temple mills? or is it kept indoors? anyone remotely interested?
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Tony

I believe there are two half sets currently at Temple Mills being used for spares. I would doubt they would waste space keeping them inside, whether they are visible from anywhere I don't know though

Tony

windy miller

if anyone is interested the spare DM (3999) is currently working with 3107 as of last sat 28/4

windy miller

T :-\ony as you suggest there may be two half-sets at temple mills do you have any idea what the other one is? Logicaly I imagine it must be the corresponding half to 3308 ,ie3307?

Tony

Just checked this out. There is only 3308 at Temple Mills, The power/driving car was not attached in January, is it now?
3307 was taken to Technicentre Le Landy in Paris and is being used for spares there.

windy miller

Iv'e not been past the place for years,I imagine that as the regular (local) passenger services use the Tottenham hale -cambridge heath-bethnal route to Liverpool st, the line between T/Hale and Stratford (which passes Temple mills) may only be freight? The entire yard is wide open with many IL 421 units stabled at the north end at weekends and easily visible from the Adjacent collector road (orient way?). I will have a look-see next time I'm in the area.

Tomjusttom

There are passenger services that run from Tottenham Hale ----> Stratford every half hour or so

windy miller

As suspected, romilly now has (or did have) units 3303/3304.along with both 3307 and 3308 DM's.
The 'spare' DM 3999 has been disbanded and is no longer running with 3107.Does anyone know what is? both 3999 and 3102 are presently detached at temple mills along with the 'spare' ex domestic carriages .

windy miller

sorry, that should have read 3101+3999 at TI last weekend (not 3102)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk