News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arriva Kidderminster to Bridgnorth route 297

Started by StourportSam, November 09, 2013, 12:04:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StourportSam

This route is facing withdrawal of funding from Worcestershire County Council from September 2014.

Cedric

Quote from: StourportSam on November 09, 2013, 12:04:35 AM
This route is facing withdrawal of funding from Worcestershire County Council from September 2014.
sam think you may find it Shropshire county council who  subsides the 297 as 99 percent of the route is in that county
diamond 8\10/125/292

D10

Quote from: bewminster on November 09, 2013, 12:45:23 AM
sam think you may find it Shropshire county council who  subsides the 297 as 99 percent of the route is in that county

The 297 is definitely on the list of threatened services published by Worcestershire CC themselves. I would expect that Shropshire support it as well though as the Bridgnorth - Alveley link is important in that county

StourportSam

Quote from: bewminster on November 09, 2013, 12:45:23 AM

Yes, I know. But it is listed as being under threat of withdrawn funding from WCC! Don't forget it is the only bus serving Upper Arley in WORCESTERSHIRE. Shropshire County Council have not existed since 2009 but Shropshire Council subsidise the route, as they do some journeys on the 125.

nitromatt1

I assume this route is operated by Bridgnorth? What vehicles does it usually use?

StourportSam

Quote from: Matt on January 12, 2014, 01:05:24 AM
I assume this route is operated by Bridgnorth? What vehicles does it usually use?

My observations over the past year:

52 plate MPDs
FL52 MML, BF52 NZO/P are regulars
Y*** UON reg Wright bodied darts labelled Wrekin Connect
Other Wright bodied DAFs
09 plate Optare Versas

And generally everything operating from Bridgnorth it appears.

Bob

nitromatt1

Quote from: bob on January 12, 2014, 06:27:55 PM
There arent any y-uon darts they're sb120 :)

Yeah, I made the same mistake with Diamond's YT51 and YD02 Cadets, I thought they were Dart chassis at first

PM

Quote from: Matt on January 12, 2014, 06:32:20 PM
Quote from: bob on January 12, 2014, 06:27:55 PM
There arent any y-uon darts they're sb120 :)

Yeah, I made the same mistake with Diamond's YT51 and YD02 Cadets, I thought they were Dart chassis at first

Pretty much the same other than the fact that the sb120 is slightly wider.

Bob

The sb120s with the b series engines, ie upto 02/52 plate? I always thought sounded very slightly quieter than a dart

arrivadays

The B-series SB120s at Telford and Bridgnorth sound louder than the B-Series Darts are - a lot of the DAFs have started hoovering, slightly! However, ISBe (and onwards) I would say the Cadets are quieter, because the Darts make a very weird noise (not a turbo leak or anything, it's just hard to describe... sounds very... sci-fi ;) )...
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

StourportSam

Whoops, they all look the same to me not being very familiar with that particular vehicle type!

iamwilljh92

I seriously hope that it's not axed/cut anyway Arriva will fight to save it I am positive I myself use the 297 very frequently as my grandmother lives in Bridgnorth I will campaign should the worse happen but thinking about it Diamond may well take over the route should the worse come to the worse I hope!

arrivaaston

I've got a friend who has had 3468 on the 297 before

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk